Companion Hotel-Motel - Hearst

revrnd

Reading elsewhere on the 'net tonight and there is mention that restaurant facilities aren't available at the motel. Since when has this been the case?

Tripadvisor review from 2 days ago

....Ate many of my meals in their restaurant as there are not a lot of other places to eat....

Denis, get over there tomorrow for breakfast, and send us a report.

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

....Ate many of my meals in their restaurant as there are not a lot of other places to eat....

X2 going to be a bummer if it is permantly closed. Hopefully it is temporary for vacation reasons, this time of year. 

10 hours ago, Blake G said:

.... reads this while eating his morning bowl of cereal in front of the computer at home .... lol !!!

I'll check around and see what's up.  Prolly renovations of some kind.

Thanks Denis. I posed a question about the closure on the mailing list. As of now I haven't received a response. Nothing on the Companion's website about the restaurant being unavailable.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Thanks Denis. I posed a question about the closure on the mailing list. As of now I haven't received a response. Nothing on the Companion's website about the restaurant being unavailable.

They close for 3 weeks in July for staff to take holiday.  Been doing it for the last 5 years.  The bar still serves food during this period, but only easy to fix meals like burgers and deep fried.

Thanks AC

3 hours ago, AC+YA said:

The bar still serves food ... 

They sell food? I never get past "1 bottle of Canadian. Put it on Sledjunk's tab". 

:-P

Thx for the update, group.

I had forgotten about the annual closure.  King's Cafe and John's Restaurant downtown do similar closures as well.

lol @ the dutchman's evening adventures... gonna stay up late one night with you guys for the entertainment .... !!!

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

lol @ the dutchman's evening adventures... 

:icon_that:

See what happens when the local 'ballet' closes?

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I had forgotten about the annual closure.  King's Cafe and John's Restaurant downtown do similar closures as well.

Thanks Denis. I wasn't aware of the closure.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

It was a sad day when the ballet closed in Hearst. 

One memorable sled trip had us entertained by Chewbacca disrobing to old Disco Music.  Thank goodness the Bar was open !!!

OMG still causing trouble on here.  Geez 

9 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

It was a sad day when the ballet closed in Hearst. 

One memorable sled trip had us entertained by Chewbacca disrobing to old Disco Music.  Thank goodness the Bar was open !!!

LOL

I remember reading a post on the old Trail Conditions message board from an american sledder. "What goes on in Hearst, stays in Hearst"

Archived