Welcome to Ontario Conditions

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revrnd

Companion Hotel-Motel - Hearst

Reading elsewhere on the 'net tonight and there is mention that restaurant facilities aren't available at the motel. Since when has this been the case?

Posted (edited)

Tripadvisor review from 2 days ago

....Ate many of my meals in their restaurant as there are not a lot of other places to eat....

Denis, get over there tomorrow for breakfast, and send us a report.

Edited by Blake G
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

....Ate many of my meals in their restaurant as there are not a lot of other places to eat....

X2 going to be a bummer if it is permantly closed. Hopefully it is temporary for vacation reasons, this time of year. 

10 hours ago, Blake G said:

.... reads this while eating his morning bowl of cereal in front of the computer at home .... lol !!!

I'll check around and see what's up.  Prolly renovations of some kind.

3 people like this

Thanks Denis. I posed a question about the closure on the mailing list. As of now I haven't received a response. Nothing on the Companion's website about the restaurant being unavailable.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Thanks Denis. I posed a question about the closure on the mailing list. As of now I haven't received a response. Nothing on the Companion's website about the restaurant being unavailable.

They close for 3 weeks in July for staff to take holiday.  Been doing it for the last 5 years.  The bar still serves food during this period, but only easy to fix meals like burgers and deep fried.

Edited by AC+YA
spelling
3 people like this

Thanks AC

3 hours ago, AC+YA said:

The bar still serves food ... 

They sell food? I never get past "1 bottle of Canadian. Put it on Sledjunk's tab". 

:-P

Thx for the update, group.

2 people like this

Our go to place to stay in Hearst.  Owner has always treated us great, have rooms always when we call, and friday night disco night with the Dutchman is downright hilarious...

1 person likes this

I had forgotten about the annual closure.  King's Cafe and John's Restaurant downtown do similar closures as well.

lol @ the dutchman's evening adventures... gonna stay up late one night with you guys for the entertainment .... !!!

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

lol @ the dutchman's evening adventures... 

:icon_that:

See what happens when the local 'ballet' closes?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I had forgotten about the annual closure.  King's Cafe and John's Restaurant downtown do similar closures as well.

Thanks Denis. I wasn't aware of the closure.