First 100% Electric Pickup Truck

dweese

16 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I was launching my boat a couple of weeks ago. The boat is ready to float and move off the ramp. As I start moving an idiot comes flying by me with his mini van and trailer and backs up to the ramp stopping just short of the water. THEN he gets out and starts to prep his boat while completely blocking the ramp.

That must be annoying.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an every hour occurrence at the launching ramp at the Port of Orillia. Finally got enough time without rain to get my cruiser in the water and over to my slip yesterday. Needed another sunny(or non rainy) day to get more done. Sunday rolls in and so does the liquid sunshine. This weather sucks. Flies aren't good either.

56 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

That is an every hour occurrence at the launching ramp at the Port of Orillia. Finally got enough time without rain to get my cruiser in the water and over to my slip yesterday. Needed another sunny(or non rainy) day to get more done. Sunday rolls in and so does the liquid sunshine. This weather sucks. Flies aren't good either.

Another one that is annoying.... the launch ramp is a single ramp with a single floating dock beside the ramp for the purpose of launching. 25 ft away is a few hundred feet of continuous floating dock. Rather than launch the boat and pull it over to the long dock just a few feet away you get the idiot that ties his boat to the launch dock and drives off to park the truck and trailer blocking anyone else from using the ramp because his boat is tied to the launch ramp dock.

Launch ramp etiquette should be part of getting your PCOC.

Don't forget the people fishing off the docks at the ramp. 

10 hours ago, dweese said:

Don't forget the people fishing off the docks at the ramp. 

fishing off the docks is one thing, but I've had them get in my boat and sit and fish, while I'm tied up at the public dock!

I wasn't real polite when I came back and found them there:angry:

Whatever happened to electric boats. They seem to have fizzled. Maybe the province can give massive rebates for them like electric cars

28 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

fishing off the docks is one thing, but I've had them get in my boat and sit and fish, while I'm tied up at the public dock!

I think they would have been overboard and swimming if it was my boat

Self driving electric boats and cars.

I can't wait.

Then, self driving sleds and dirt bikes.

Might as well live in The Matrix.

12 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Then, self driving sleds

At least then, the idiots would stay on the trail :angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005:

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Whatever happened to electric boats. They seem to have fizzled. Maybe the province can give massive rebates for them like electric cars

Monte G said they were going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

14 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I thought I heard a story on here about some Yammy that went off trail.:rolleyes:

Rumour has it the Yammie is still out there. They tried but couldn't get it back on the trail.

I shudder to think what an electric sled would weigh. Batteries just aren't lite weight.

All my Yammies are safely tucked away at home.  But yeah, I do go off trail, but not intentionally :poke2:

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

All my Yammies are safely tucked away at home.  But yeah, I do go off trail, but not intentionally :poke2:

That will be my excuse when I get my GPS on my sled this winter :) 

12 hours ago, Bigfish said:

It's like coming out and finding some one sitting on our motorcycle taking selfies... and she wasn't cute either...

9 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I thought I heard a story on here about some Yammy that went off trail.:rolleyes:

Numerous versions of that story... depending on who you ask.... isn't that right IQ.... and apeXMAN... and ... oh never mind.....  :D

1 hour ago, dweese said:

It's like coming out and finding some one sitting on our motorcycle taking selfies... and she wasn't cute either...

They wouldn't be doing it twice on my sh!t,  lemme tell you .....

Old news. We had electric trucks like these @ work:

s-l1000.jpg

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Old news. We had electric trucks like these @ work:

s-l1000.jpg

I can remember seeing mill wrights fly down the aisles on the way to fix a broken piece of machinery that was holding up production. Our plant had white electric golf carts, with an orange light on top. No limter's on maintaince carts either, un like the production forklifts. 

Going waaay back. A little over 40 years ago I was driving one of these electric reach forks at my part time job. The building maintenance guys had an electric truck similar to the one in Revrnd's picture. If I recall correctly there were two guys whose job it was to keep the spare batteries charged and swap them out on the reach fork when the drivers brought them back with a low battery.

Capture1.JPG.c129be58410b7fd1b800d8590ab0a999.JPG

Archived