Northland Rec's new location is open :-)

whiskywizard

Jon and Linda have the Kashe Lake Northland Recreation store open this weekend.  "Soft Open" so he isn't overwhelmed. Grand Opening to follow.

I wish them good luck as they seem to have a good reputation - but not to urinate on anyone's processional gathering,  here are the BRP prices for two lousy thin rubber O rings connected to changing the fuel filter on my machine -

415129509 O-Ring $14.99CAD
415129511 O-Ring $13.99CAD

Not sure what my point is here - maybe true customer service would be to find alternatives to the OEM parts when ridiculous prices are in effect.....

On 5/20/2017 at 7:53 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

That will be much easier. Although I'm sure St Onge won't be happy

Well if everyone else gets the same salesman that I went in to see at St. Onge, they WONT be in business for long. Jason was his name and right from the get go was a rude prick and never cared for his attitude. After chatting with 2 minutes I wanted to get out of there! NOT very friendly for wanting to sell sleds etc. Went to Northland Rec after that. What an experience it was. Much friendlier staff that made me feel like a real valued customer and NOT just another number. The other bonus was that I got the best price on my sled from them and St.Onge was no where close nor would they through anything in. 

Dont know anyone elses experience with St.Onge as I've heard mixed reviews about them but mostly the same as my experience... 

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Ive dealt with St onge almost exclusive. Never had a problem. Always been fair.

16 hours ago, SuperG said:

Well if everyone else gets the same salesman that I went in to see at St. Onge, they WONT be in business for long. Jason was his name and right from the get go was a rude prick and never cared for his attitude. After chatting with 2 minutes I wanted to get out of there! NOT very friendly for wanting to sell sleds etc. Went to Northland Rec after that. What an experience it was. Much friendlier staff that made me feel like a real valued customer and NOT just another number. The other bonus was that I got the best price on my sled from them and St.Onge was no where close nor would they through anything in. 

Dont know anyone elses experience with St.Onge as I've heard mixed reviews about them but mostly the same as my experience... 

Sorry to hear that, SuperG....and it's ironic, because my personal experience had been exactly the opposite.  

I can't speak for Jason at St. Onge, since I've never dealt with him.  I was introduced to Joe Racco (Sales Manager at St. Onge) by a mutual friend several years ago, and have always dealt with him ever since...always pleasant, fair and competitive, and their service has been nothing but excellent.  In addition, for a very nominal admin. fee, they've always obliged my request to do a "courtesy trade" (to a private buyer that I bring them), so I get the benefit of both a retail (not wholesale) trade-in value and the net tax savings on my new purchase, because the private sale of my used sled is treated on paper as a nominal "trade-in", and the sled is passed right through to my buyer without the need for St. Onge to even see it.  (Not sure all dealers would be willing to do this, but presumably at least some others are.)

I have given Northland a try on two different occasions in the past, for pricing on both sleds and an ATV purchase, and have bought a few parts there over the years, since they are much closer to me in north Muskoka...although nice people, their prices on new units weren't as good on either occasion.  I can't speak from first-hand experience regarding the quality of their service, but was cautioned about that several years ago by a couple of friends whose word I respect, so that's why I've dealt (and serviced) in Barrie since 2012.  Maybe Northland is worth trying again...would only take half the time to get there, compared to St. Onge, and especially now that they have (finally) opened their satellite outlet on Hwy. 11 in south Muskoka.

BTW, after riding your Enduro 900ACE for a season, I'm curious about your final impression?...did it meet your expectations? 

8 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Sorry to hear that, SuperG....and it's ironic, because my personal experience had been exactly the opposite.  

I can't speak for Jason at St. Onge, since I've never dealt with him.  I was introduced to Joe Racco (Sales Manager at St. Onge) by a mutual friend several years ago, and have always dealt with him ever since...always pleasant, fair and competitive, and their service has been nothing but excellent.  In addition, for a very nominal admin. fee, they've always obliged my request to do a "courtesy trade" (to a private buyer that I bring them), so I get the benefit of both a retail (not wholesale) trade-in value and the net tax savings on my new purchase, because the private sale of my used sled is treated on paper as a nominal "trade-in", and the sled is passed right through to my buyer without the need for St. Onge to even see it.  (Not sure all dealers would be willing to do this, but presumably at least some others are.)

I have given Northland a try on two different occasions in the past, for pricing on both sleds and an ATV purchase, and have bought a few parts there over the years, since they are much closer to me in north Muskoka...although nice people, their prices on new units weren't as good on either occasion.  I can't speak from first-hand experience regarding the quality of their service, but was cautioned about that several years ago by a couple of friends whose word I respect, so that's why I've dealt (and serviced) in Barrie since 2012.  Maybe Northland is worth trying again...would only take half the time to get there, compared to St. Onge, and especially now that they have (finally) opened their satellite outlet on Hwy. 11 in south Muskoka.

BTW, after riding your Enduro 900ACE for a season, I'm curious about your final impression?...did it meet your expectations? 

Well sounds like you got lucky with the right salesman. I was not so lucky :(. After dealing with St.Onge I went to two other dealers who both were only $100 off what St.Onge quoted me, not enough to entice me. Then dealt with sales at Northland and right away knocked off $800 off the MSRP which the rest only 100$ below MSRP and St.Onge stayed right on MSRP. Northland also offered me 20% off all accessories for the length i have it as well as free installation. They did through in muffs and a cover for me. The rest did not offer me anything. As for service, Ive always had great service from them and once they stayed half hour after closing just to complete trailer repair for my sea doo trailer i had. 

As for the Enduro 900, It has met my expectations for sure! Seriously this has been the best sled purchase I've made that im actually really happy about ALL aspects of the sled. I love that the engine has such great fuel range/economy but as well how completely adjustable the whole sled is. Yes it takes a bit to get use to how quiet the engine is but i got use to it quick as well was pleasantly surprised to the power it did have when you put it in sport mode.  

On 5/23/2017 at 7:19 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Ive dealt with St onge almost exclusive. Never had a problem. Always been fair.

Wish I good say the same. Service has been good to me. Sales NOT. Their honesty sucks. When I was still going there to buy parts, I would over hear sales staff feeding BS to inexperienced sled buyers. Also had a friend look at their boats and he was feed BS about pricing and he never returned. The Parts department is well stocked.

I was also called out by a guy there how said I had lied about something that was posted on here. He was wrong. I have bite my tongue about what I have felt about them.

Bought many parts from st. Onge.  Mostly always instock , which is nice to stop in when driving up north for the wknd     I generally called ahead of time early in the week and what they didn't have was ordered and was waiting for me on Friday when I arrived.   They priced a back country X for me this spring , price was decent but found a better price and and higher trade in on my wife's 1200 GSX se . All good though .  There must be a reason there the biggest brp dealer in the province. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 6:36 AM, slomo said:

I wish them good luck as they seem to have a good reputation - but not to urinate on anyone's processional gathering,  here are the BRP prices for two lousy thin rubber O rings connected to changing the fuel filter on my machine -

415129509 O-Ring $14.99CAD
415129511 O-Ring $13.99CAD

Not sure what my point is here - maybe true customer service would be to find alternatives to the OEM parts when ridiculous prices are in effect.....

Slomo, all is not lost, you've just got the wrong brand of sled LOL Rebuilding the used 'propshaft' as a spare for the Ranger & needed an O ring & roll pin. I was afraid of what the cost was going to be since no dimensions given for the parts.

Well I was pleasantly surprised. The O ring 1" OD x 1/8" (by eye) was $1.49 & the 3/8" OD x 1.5" long roll pin was $5.49 

Archived