Henry's - Frying Pan Island

02Sled

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always made at least one trip a year to Henry's.  Last year it seemed as busy as ever.  Had heard that the local cottagers were not happy with all the aircraft visiting.  Gilly's in Snug is a great place.  Less than an hour away for me.  Payne's is good in PaB.  They added a licensed patio last year overlooking the channel.  Was there Friday night.  Come hungry as the servings are huge.  Three of us ordered the dinner for 2 to share and took some home.

13 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Thanks for saying about Payne's. We will have to try that one out.

x2. Now that Larry's in Pointe of Baril is gone, glad to find a reason to stop and stretch

("now" probably means it was gone 10 years ago ... but north of 50, "now" is relative)

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.parrysound.com/news-story/7362950-henry-s-set-to-open-june-23/

PARRY SOUND – Gas up the boat, we’re going to Henry’s!

After nearly a month of uncertainty, Henry’s Restaurant San Souci location will officially open its doors June 23.

Just before the Victoria Day long weekend, the restaurant announced through its Facebook page that without necessary staff it couldn’t open its doors.

By May 30 things were looking up, another Facebook post said they were “working” on opening for business.

Owners, Paul and Joanne Elliot have not officially made the announcement public, but the North Star confirmed they will open in two weeks’ time.

“We are extremely pleased!” said Greg Aldworth of the Chippewa, that regularly takes guests out to the restaurant.

Accessible by either water or air — it is considered a federal airport, served by five commercial airlines — Henry’s has been a fixture on The Bay for 44 years, the last 25 under the ownership of the Elliots.

On 2017-5-24 at 1:53 PM, Canuck said:

x2. Now that Larry's in Pointe of Baril is gone, glad to find a reason to stop and stretch

("now" probably means it was gone 10 years ago ... but north of 50, "now" is relative)

Never stopped there as I was usually headed for Elliot Lake or Timmins & trying to make time.

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Just heard that Henry's is going to be offered up for sale. $ 1.9 million lock stock and barrel.

the cottage association will buy it and close it 

5 hours ago, Wildbill said:

This is what I have been told by a few in the know . Not sure howthis place gets valued at 1.9 million 

Property value might be the biggest factor, although I know nothing of the location or buildings on the site.  Be my best guess.

And that's a pretty arrogant and ignorant stance to have, on the part of the cottagers assoc.  You'd think they would have a better way of thinking .... 

9 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Property value might be the biggest factor, although I know nothing of the location or buildings on the site.  Be my best guess.

And that's a pretty arrogant and ignorant stance to have, on the part of the cottagers assoc.  You'd think they would have a better way of thinking .... 

so what are the carrying costs on 1.9 million 

20% down, financing 1.52 million at 4.75% over 20 years, = $ 9,784.18 monthly.

gack!

Perhaps it could be acquired by an Ontario Conditions consortium.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Leave me out. I would eat all the profits. lol

No free food... just a 10% discount.

Must be another Blake around here somewhere?

Don't worry, I was just kidding too.  :D:D

LOL

Archived