What's Happening at OFSC Head Office?

bbakernbay

53 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Exactly what I and others have long said concerning the zero likelihood of getting Government to approve a mandatory Registration fee going to organized snowmobiling.  Why the OFSC and the Executive Director or others ever floated this idea as a saviour is beyond me and shows how little influence or knowledge they have.

If I am not mistaken it worked in Saskatchewan and actually saved their trail system from collapse.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we talking snowmobiles only or snowmobiles and ATV's in Saskatchewan?

I believe the original idea in Ontario promoted by OFSC was that both snowmobiles and ATV's being required to pay an annual contribution to the organized trail systems.

As much as the OFSC is looking for outside monies, I believe that persons owning snowmobiles who do not utilize OFSC trails should not be required to fund OFSC programs.

In a somewhat contrary opinion, I believe that too many ATV owners are utilizing OFSC infrastructure, primarily bridges & culverts, at absolute zero $$ contribution and causing expensive damage to OFSC trails to boot.

The question is how to correct that inequity and really there is no fair way as the majority of ATVs areprobably not using OFSC trail infrastructure.

We need much stronger enforcement and penalties like Quebec appears to have.

One only needs to look at the damage the OFA (Ontario Farmers Assoc) did when the private land bill regarding trails went thru Government a year or so ago , now imagine all the groups like the OFAH (Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters ) , and Trapper Associations , got hold of the Government demanding their members pay more to register their Snowmachines or ATV's , the crap would hit the fan again and Government would look bad............they ain't going to go there, they were burn't once with OFSC (even if it was all a misunderstanding on the trail bill content)

Good point, Panther.

It is worth clarifying that, as as far as I recall, the OFSC was not the driving force behind Bill 100. OFSC simply got caught up in the fiasco.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2017 at 1:05 PM, Blake G said:

Good point, Panther.

It is worth clarifying that, as as far as I recall, the OFSC was not the driving force behind Bill 100. OFSC simply got caught up in the fiasco.

OFSC was aware early on and involved due to changes required to the M.S.V.A. What ticked me off, was that clubs were not aware and were caught off guard when landowners started closing trails due to the Bill 100 proposal. OFSC Barrie were aware early on, and should have informed the Districts / Clubs, so they could be prepared. 

Archived