Trail permits, clubs, and OFSC

SudsJeff

Hi all. This was my first year snowmobiling (in the Sudbury region). I had some general questions about trail permits, choosing a club and how to help out.

When selecting a club on the OFSC trail permit site I picked the club closest to to my home address (Broder dill). Most my riding was done in another club area (Nickel belt snow spirits). Does that matter? I'd like to get more involved with volunteering next season. Any tips are how to get organized to help out?

Finally, can someone point me in the direction of where I can get info on how the OFSC works. Governance, grooming, fee distribution, MOTS etc.

Cheers 

On 19/04/2017 at 3:45 PM, SudsJeff said:

Hi all. This was my first year snowmobiling (in the Sudbury region). I had some general questions about trail permits, choosing a club and how to help out.

When selecting a club on the OFSC trail permit site I picked the club closest to to my home address (Broder dill). Most my riding was done in another club area (Nickel belt snow spirits). Does that matter? I'd like to get more involved with volunteering next season. Any tips are how to get organized to help out?

Finally, can someone point me in the direction of where I can get info on how the OFSC works. Governance, grooming, fee distribution, MOTS etc.

Cheers 

Let me help in pointing you in the right direction.

When selecting a club in the Sudbury, Espanola, manitoulin area it doesn't make any difference which club you select all the monies are pooled in D12 (the areas mentioned above).

If you want to get involved PM me and I will let you know when NBSS has something going on.

As far as your last question my advise is starting slow and work your way into the inner workings of the clubs and OFSC.

I've been at this a long time (25+ years) and still don't get it half the time.

Kevin Campbell

VP NBSS.

As far as selecting a club on your permit, it does not help your club or district as much as it used to.  They do receive a portion of the permit price earlier in the season, and that is the benefit.  But at the end of the season it is deducted from final disbursement.  The net amount disbursed by OFSC to Districts is based on grooming hours, not permit sales per District.

Yep.

Only advantage to selecting a club is to ensure your club of choice hits required 50 permits. Not sure if this is a rule anymore, or if districts are pooling sales on behalf of the clubs now. 

Archived