Rumours

Bigfish

Heard a rumour that the Peterborough Snowmobile Show has been sold, to the Kehoe Bros!

Wonder what changes that will incur?

You can Buy a snowmobile club ?!?  Someone wanna buy ours and kick all the old fu$&ers out of there ?  Do this town some good .....

16 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

You can Buy a snowmobile club ?!?  Someone wanna buy ours and kick all the old fu$&ers out of there ?  Do this town some good .....

I'm buying our local club and keeping all the trails for the exclusive use of me and my friends... :D I'm guessing you skimmed over the wording fast... not the Peterborough club the Peterborough Snowmobile Show is rumoured to have been bought according to the post.

51 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Can always start a new club hearst west or east or north or south :-). Sure wouldn't be hard if you had enough support, since it is mostly crown land I assume?

Yes, I was told by a reliable source that the Peterborough Show has been sold to the same group that run the Toronto Show. Dennis, you have no idea how much I share your sentiments!!!

Livin'

12 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Can always start a new club hearst west or east or north or south :-). Sure wouldn't be hard if you had enough support, since it is mostly crown land I assume?

Denis007 for President.... :right_on:

8 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Heard a rumour that the Peterborough Snowmobile Show has been sold, to the Kehoe Bros!

Well, now...doesn't that just suck!  

If it turns into anything like the calibre of their OSM magazine, I won't be in a hurry to attend again. 

5 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Here's a thought, Denis...why don't you volunteer to take over as president?...  :poke2:   :-P:-P:lol:

34 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Here's a thought, Denis...why don't you volunteer to take over as president?...  :poke2:   :-P:-P:lol:

They wouldn't take me in .... I  speak my mind and can't follow orders..... 

:icon_lolsign:

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I'm guessing you skimmed over the wording fast... not the Peterborough club the Peterborough Snowmobile Show is rumoured to have been bought according to the post.

Yup , read it too quickly.... made for some interesting conversation though!!!!

6 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

They wouldn't take me in .... I  speak my mind and can't follow orders..... 

:icon_lolsign:

Denis... you've got it all wrong... all you need is enough support from your friends of whom I am sure there are many to vote you in as President. They would need to have a greater number voting for status quo. Then as President you go ahead and speak your mind. Something tells me that would be a lot of common sense.

I don't bring anything to the table. Not against the millionaires club anyway. 

Club would lose the support and equipment contributions from Villeneuve construction, and if they bail others might too.  I might get in when the old boys retire..... 

I have also heard from a reliable source that the sale of the show was finalized yesterday. 

Just want to thank Joe for starting the Peterborough Sledarama show and building it into the great show that it has become. Hopefully it will continue to be as good as it is now. 

Being from the area it is nice to not have to go all the way to Toronto for a good sled show. 

All the best to Joe and his family. 

Hope the show stays the same and doesn't deteriorate.

10 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Hope the show stays the same and doesn't deteriorate.

The show will change for the worse IMO.  I've stopped attending the Toronto show because if you are not looking for something new, it's just not worth the price of admission anymore.   Some great deals to be had at WildBill's and the Group that was selling off the non-current Ski-doo stuff (Not sure if they are still).

Royal sucks a$$ these days, unless you want to wear a cheap suit.  Some of their pricing is so high, and then some is really good.  You have to be edumacated before you shop.

5 hours ago, Domino said:

The show will change for the worse IMO.  I've stopped attending the Toronto show because if you are not looking for something new, it's just not worth the price of admission anymore.   Some great deals to be had at WildBill's and the Group that was selling off the non-current Ski-doo stuff (Not sure if they are still).

Royal sucks a$$ these days, unless you want to wear a cheap suit.  Some of their pricing is so high, and then some is really good.  You have to be edumacated before you shop.

You mean you don't go there to buy a new wallet or belt?

48 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You mean you don't go there to buy a new wallet or belt?

Or the Beard guys that were there last year

Or the guy selling gas 'jigglers' @ a 50% markup.

as long as they have the T&A calendar girls!

21 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Shamwow....................don't forget

yeah but what about the AMZOIL girls

Easy guys, I doubt you'll see any of that @ the Peterboro show. Any whiff of females being objectified will cause the usual suspects to picket the Memorial Centre (see Old Milwaukee 'pinup' billboard protest).

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Or the guy selling gas 'jigglers' @ a 50% markup.

Consumer alert...make sure your jiggler has the glass bead in it, not the plastic bead.

On 18/04/2017 at 9:13 AM, Bigfish said:

You are right, just got confirmation on this news.

How many of you guys will continue to attend once it turns into Toronto #2.

I would assume a two day show likely a different venue and increased ticket price along with bumped up floor prices for the vendors. This would drive away the smaller vendors selling stock and looking for exposure.

Archived