FB OC Group ??

soupkids

As the title says, any interest in a OC Facebook group ??

Not on FB and not interested. Sorry.

Not a fan of FB

28 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Not a fan of FB

29 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Not on FB and not interested. Sorry.

33 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Might just be me but, never seen the attraction to Facebook.

Lot of that going around..... eh Irreverent? 

Sounds like a good idea, Soupkids, for those who may be interested.

I made a group just now. It is called "Discussion of Ontario Sledding Conditions" so as not be confused with this forum.

Not watering it down, just adding another feature to it.

28 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Lot of that going around..... eh Irreverent? 

Apparently what is needed is an FB group called "The Old Fuddy Duddys"...:nana:

I like the idea, thank you

I think it is fine to have a FB group for interested people to have another online place to discuss sledding, but it would not be good to try to duplicate the well established environment on the Ontario Conditions forum, nor to try to "piggy back" on the hard earned OC reputation.

We all respect this OC place and want to see it continue to flourish.

29 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Apparently what is needed is an FB group called "The Old Fuddy Duddys"...:nana:

Lol the thought crossed my mind... lots of people have no need or interest in Facebook and thats totally fine.  No harm in keeping with only this page.  Facebook isn't for everyone. 

In consultation with some of the respected moderators of the OC site, I have deleted the FB group that was created a few minutes ago.

Just to clarify, OC did not ask for the FB group to be removed, but removal simply seemed like the right thing to do.

Nobody wants to create something that could conflict with this site.

Totally agree Blake good call on the removal.  I come on here for a few reasons there is minimal BS, lots of mutual respect for each other, and we have a good group from across Ontario that will help if needed.  We all give accurate trail and accommodation conditions.  There is not brand slandering on here we all just like to ride.  I understand the want for a Facebook group though maybe to expand things but i think it would just turn out bad for this site. This is my go to morning coffee site LOL

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

In consultation with some of the respected moderators of the OC site, I have removed the FB group created a few minutes ago.

Just to clarify, OC did not ask for the FB group to be removed, but removal simply seemed like the right thing to do.

Nobody wants to create something that could conflict with this site.

There already is a FB page for Ontario.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/215440558520585/

Can't teach old dogs new tricks smh. Facebook is a great tool for finding out conditions and meeting new people to ride with. Yes this site is the OG in that area but it doesn't hurt to branch out a bit, it didn't necessarily need the OC handle but was a great idea.

10 hours ago, Wildbill said:

OC is a community watering it down could damage what just simply works 

This, plus facebook is for old people who missed out on new tech. And Cat photos.

After the shenanigans that went on with my wife's Facebook this past weekend, I have never been and will never be interested in Facebook. Even though that is my new to me area club's information outlet, I will not attend.

One word.  NO.

on the fence on this one,im on FB ,me and my buddies put up pics of each other playing on the quads ,not so much the sled thing though 

FB might add some drama to this site witch we dont need as some other sled sites are all drama 

most people have no idea how much of the data on your computer you open up access to when you sign up for FB

Users need to carefully establish their Facebook privacy settings.

Absolutely NO interest in FB. Why do we need it ? OC is an excellent forum, well attended by a great membership - from the club level down to the single rider. Accurate and precise trail info, conditions and all relevant issues. It is purely Ontario Sled specific and is wanting for nothing. You just can't get more than perfection. 

40 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Users need to carefully establish their Facebook privacy settings.

That's what others can see about you. You know that big long Terms & Conditions that nobody ever reads because the print is small, it's very lengthy and has some legalese in it. That tells you that they (FB and other similar media) can access your pictures, your contacts, your search history and much more. With that they do extensive extrapolations for advertising, asking if you want to connect to ? and more. That's why I use an isolated laptop for anything confidential.

Archived