It could only happen to me

Black Dog

So in a Hail-Mary attempt to sell this sled before putting it away I changed the oil, painted the silver part of the seat black (looks better I think) polished it all up, dropped the price, and before I could put a cover on it some Robin from hell flies into the garage while I'm in the yard. I come in and we scare the crap out of each other...but his did more damage. I hope this isn't an omen. Last chance boys and girls, check out the ad in the classified section. Bird poop will not be included in sale.

IMG_1352.JPG

i think thats supposed to be good luck.. good luck with your sale

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

It was good luck! Sled is gone to a new home.

Congratulations on the sale.  What is on the horizon, sled wise?

16 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Congratulations on the sale.  What is on the horizon, sled wise?

X2

Unfortunately I only got out twice this season and decided that the costs were starting to outweigh the benefits. So I decided to join some of my friends and buy an old car and do some cruise nights and shows. If things work out I'll have a 71 Vette in a few weeks so probably won't be on here much more. Thanks to everyone for the good times!    

8 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Unfortunately I only got out twice this season and decided that the costs were starting to outweigh the benefits. So I decided to join some of my friends and buy an old car and do some cruise nights and shows. If things work out I'll have a 71 Vette in a few weeks so probably won't be on here much more. Thanks to everyone for the good times!    

Methane in the "Coal Mine" ? Sorry to see you get out of sledding, but you can't drive the old cars in the winter, that's why sledding makes so much sense. There must be some way to keep your sledding costs down to keep yourself in the game. Maybe stay out of the pricey new sled market and employ a vintage attitude in keeping an older sled running too ? Lots of older sleds and parts out there and if you do your own work, it can be a lot of fun and economical too. Cruisin' the trails is just as much fun, even if you only get a few rides in.

My way of keeping costs down is to have friends with cottages and spare sleds...and I do so I might still get out twice a year! LOL I did keep all the riding gear.

3 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Don't be a stranger Black Dog. I have only put One kilometre on my sled in the last Five years and I still thoroughly enjoy this website.

You are averaging 200 meters per year CC or 656 feet for the non metric crowd. Do you suit up for these rides?(lol)

Congrats on the sale and enjoy the Vette.  Usually 2 good years/2 bad years for snow - here's to Winter '18.

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Congrats on the sale and enjoy the Vette.  Usually 2 good years/2 bad years for snow - here's to Winter '18.

I like to think of the past year as a mediocre year for snow. In reality we had lots of snow but it came way too early before there was frost in the ground or the swamps etc. had gotten firmed up. Orillia apparently had 14+ feet of snow this year and actually exceeded their snow removal budget.

I'm with you though... here's to Winter '18.

To add insult to injury my last ride included a lot of road running and I didn't notice it at the time but I wore right through my Woody Dooly on the right side and put a hole in the ski. When I took the carbide off there was only 4" of it left and 1 stud out of 4, the rest was gone and the other side was so thin it was like paper. Maybe that was the straw that broke the camel's back!

Archived