2017 Trail by date graph

schmied

Looks like the IATG is showing 0km of open trail.  Been that way for about 24 hours so I'm going to stop collecting data.  Truthfully, I've had enough of it for this year.

My data points were collected close to noon each day.  I did miss a few days here and there so I averaged the missed day with the data from the day before and after.

So here it is.  As you recall, we started out good and early but things deteriorated earlier than last year. 

2016 was 110 days of open trail with an average of 7865km

2017 was 116 days of open trail with an average of 10374km

So this season was a little longer with more trail open.

tbd2.JPG

Schmied thank you very much for doing this.

4 minutes ago, Old Sledder said:

Excellent info, albeit depressing. 

X2!

Great info, Schmied.  Interesting to note, is the comparison of time with > 20000 KM.  Certainly was a topsy-turvy year.

Thanks for spending the time to gather the data.

Appreciate the data (and the effort that went into this).

I would be curious if OFSC compiles similar data. If they do, they should be using as a marketing tool overall and even for each district or area (although that won't be positive marketing for every area). 

Interesting data and thanks for the work put into the collecting and collating the data. 

If the OFSC does this kind of analysis its not shared with anybody. Our Gov is pretty open about the info he gets and I have never seen this type of analysis. Would be useful for Groomer Fleet planning, trail planning, grooming plans etc especially if you could see it by District.

6 hours ago, schmied said:

Looks like the IATG is showing 0km of open trail.  Been that way for about 24 hours so I'm going to stop collecting data.  Truthfully, I've had enough of it for this year.

My data points were collected close to noon each day.  I did miss a few days here and there so I averaged the missed day with the data from the day before and after.

So here it is.  As you recall, we started out good and early but things deteriorated earlier than last year. 

2016 was 110 days of open trail with an average of 7865km

2017 was 116 days of open trail with an average of 10374km

So this season was a little longer with more trail open.

tbd2.JPG

Thank you for taking the time to do this and for sharing it with us. It is neat to see the year to year differences and from that it looks to me like I'll plan our Ontario trips to start mid February from an available trails standpoint

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, willb said:

I would be curious if OFSC compiles similar data. If they do, they should be using as a marketing tool overall and even for each district or area (although that won't be positive marketing for every area). 

3 days in district 5 in two years. Not good. 

Basically it shows winters that start early, tend to end earlier too. Look at the shift of peak riding time in 2017, compared to 2016.

Archived