Who's Snowchecking?....

Turbo Doo

7 minutes ago, Blake G said:

It'll never catch on unless you can make braaap sounds come out of it as well, one has to sound right to be fun don't you k:Dnow 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting!  The limited range of 100 KM on a charge could be an issue, though.  No max speed listed either.

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Interesting!  The limited range of 100 KM on a charge could be an issue, though.  No max speed listed either.

Fear not, the province will subsidize the purchase price and be installing trail side charging stations :D

I said I wasnt going to do it but I did afterall.   The $1000 in coupons that I had pushed me over the edge.

17 sba.png

One of my brothers often says, "it's not hard to twist a rubber arm."

Congrats.

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

I said I wasnt going to do it but I did afterall.   The $1000 in coupons that I had pushed me over the edge.

17 sba.png

Nice, hopefully there is some good cold and traditional lake effect snow for your area. I can remember trailing to Mitchel at x-mas time, when I was a teenager to ride out of my grand parents place. Use to be so much snow, roads in town where as good as most trails and cars had a hard time getting down the streets. Miss those days :-(.

17 sba.png

Congrats!!! You will love it, I really enjoyed my 2017 Assault.

17 sba.png

Congrats, sweet looking machine

IMG_5667.thumb.PNG.2331e5f54356e379a2bcbc12700a38aa.PNGGoing to try the new motor. 

the cat has the new ctech 800, 2 stroke motor. nice choice scott! we both wait now. :D Ski

That's awesome Scott congrats 

Congrats Scott. Can't wait to meet up next season. Are you getting rid of the 7000?

Congrats Scott, a friend of ours Chris got one of the early release 800's and put about 1000kms on it at the end of the season and he really liked it. He came off a 1100 Turbo and was really impressed with it.

Looking forward to seeing you and Paige next season.

Thanks everyone on the congrats.

Not a 850cc motor, but Cat's new 800cc 2-stroke.  Seems the 600cc they build has had good reviews so I am going to try it.

This sled has some features other brand sleds have had for a few years already.  Like LED lighting found on the Cat 9000 series last year, but not yet found on many 2018 Cat models.  The new clutch and top end shocks were also part of the choice.  The newer body panels may also be nicer?  

Sold off a few sleds last season so I will be keeping the ZR-7000, ZR-8000, and the Crossfire 1000.  Always good to have backup for various snow conditions in the trailer.  The new sled would not be good for the hard icy trails we rode so much on this past March, even with scratchers.

It will get some good miles on it next year with Paige and I'll have my son Graham ride it to make sure it gets pushed on and off trail.  He can always use 20% more fuel than I when we travel together, but he always stops to let me catch up along the way.

Hope I get to see you all next season.  (I was only in Dub once when you might have been home ski.  That was on the sausage-fest weekend in March, but I never got to see you.  My boy and I were moving around pretty fast that weekend)

Everyone have a great summer!

Scott

Scott, a lady friend of mine has the 600 and it seems to be a great running package. Very smooth and quiet and great on fuel it seems. The 800 might be a bit more thirsty though.... :)  

vroom vroom

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, sledjunk said:

Saw a little more info via Facebook....claimed 0-100 kph in 3.2 seconds....

http://cs.amsnow.com/sno/b/news/archive/2017/04/21/electric-snowmobile-here-to-stay.aspx

11 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Saw a little more info via Facebook....claimed 0-100 kph in 3.2 seconds....

http://cs.amsnow.com/sno/b/news/archive/2017/04/21/electric-snowmobile-here-to-stay.aspx

Must be a studded track.... imagine the holes that would dig in the trails with the throttle jockeys

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 3:09 PM, AC+YA said:

IMG_5667.thumb.PNG.2331e5f54356e379a2bcbc12700a38aa.PNGGoing to try the new motor. 

congrats scott

Archived