Interesting meeting last night.

I'll take this opportunity on behalf of those of us who have enjoyed the HCSA trails and communications the past couple of years, to thank Livin' and Teener for all they have done for the club. The trails have been great and the flow of information from the club President has been accurate and prompt. I'm sure your decision to resign wasn't an easy one but I wanted to let you know that your efforts the past couple of years have been appreciated by many of us that have used HCSA trails.

I hope and trust that the new President and directors continue with the efforts to have the "best" trails.

31 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Interesting meeting last night.

I'll take this opportunity on behalf of those of us who have enjoyed the HCSA trails and communications the past couple of years, to thank Livin' and Teener for all they have done for the club. The trails have been great and the flow of information from the club President has been accurate and prompt. I'm sure your decision to resign wasn't an easy one but I wanted to let you know that your efforts the past couple of years have been appreciated by many of us that have used HCSA trails.

I hope and trust that the new President and directors continue with the efforts to have the "best" trails.

Say it isn't so ! 

Livin' and Teener had so much inertia rolling for HCSA. Lots of stuff happening on the trails and the supply of quick, pertinent and accurate info on the forums was the envy of all the OFSC.

Jrhz06, if you don't mind my asking, what was going on within the club to make Livin' and Teener resign after so much has been accomplished ?

My heartfelt thanks to Livin' and Teener for all of their dedication and hard work. I feel like their absence will be a death blow to the HCSA. If I sound like a Livin' fan, you bet I am ! We were so lucky to have them in the club, if only for a short time. Livin' and Teener, all the best for the future !

Thanks to both of Livin, Teener and all of the club volunteers for their likely under appreciated efforts by so many that take the trails for granted.

Thanks Livin and Teener for helping make HCSA great again as well as all the volunteers, They will be missed no doubt, Hope the new executive can keep the momentum going.  

1 hour ago, Cuyuna said:

Jrhz06, if you don't mind my asking, what was going on within the club to make Livin' and Teener resign after so much has been accomplished ?

Definately some interesting club dynamics going on but not my place to speak for Livin' or the club. 

17 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Definately some interesting club dynamics going on but not my place to speak for Livin' or the club. 

It is so ironic that Livin' was so highly regarded in the sledding community at large along with the universal perception of transforming HCSA into a top tier club only to face insurmountable turmoil and strife within the club. It is a huge loss for all of us and we, as members, should do something about it.

That is really to bad, But I totally understand why they stepped down. 

Be thankful we had some great leadership for this very big club. 

HCSA has a huge dynamic and it takes a strong person with integrity to run this type of ship. 

Kudos to both Livin and Teener you both took on the task and did a heck of a great job.. 

Hope to see you on the trails more next winter... 

23 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

It is so ironic that Livin' was so highly regarded in the sledding community at large along with the universal perception of transforming HCSA into a top tier club only to face insurmountable turmoil and strife within the club. It is a huge loss for all of us and we, as members, should do something about it.

I totally agree with you that we should do something, but what could be done??  Sometimes when the damage is done it's very hard to repair.

This imo is a director problem!

Not letting someone who totally understands how a club should run do it and this has happened.   

Hi all, I thank you all for the well wishes!! Lots of folks were aware this would be my last season with HCSA for some time now, it was my third winter at the helm and although the season was short, it was by far the most successful. We started with a new Piston Bully, a trail improvement grant, a rave review from Craig and crew on their tour here, and finished up with meeting our grooming hour forecast, a positive bank account and most importantly a re- invented public image. The support from everyone on here and the sledding community towards HCSA has been awesome!! Haliburton county as a whole is very supportive of HCSA as demonstrated by the club achieving the Warden's award at the recent Chamber Of Commerce night. The internal issues are most definitely the reason for my and others departure from this organization.

As I live and sled here I only have the best of wishes for the new/old leaders of HCSA and look forward to riding from my home next season.

Livin'

Great job, Livin' and Teener!

Thank you both, for your valued contribution over the years.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. As members of the Haliburton community we hope for the best. We will continue to stay in touch on this forum, especially now that we have our life back!  B)

Archived