Anyone riding within 3 hours of Gravenhurst?

Blake G

I'd like to get out for some more rides, but am not keen on going all the way to Kirkland Lake or Cochrane.

Just curious as to who might be sledding over the next few days? The ITG shows 5,000+ kms of trails as yellow or green in this province.....

Highland Rovers is pulling the plug for the year. Kearney may be going red on ITG

I'm hoping to get out for a ride in Sudbury on Saturday. Either out of Onaping or out of Skead. most of the loops are still showing green. Both areas are forecasting 1-3 cm of snow tonight/tomorrow, so it might be OK. 

I'm riding all weekend

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

I'm riding all weekend

Hey Soup. Any recommendations on where I should unload from (moose or wolf loop). I was planning on putting my sled in the truck and driving up from the south end. Much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Micar said:

Highland Rovers is pulling the plug for the year. Kearney may be going red on ITG

Highland Rovers territory has been red for a few days. Almaguin borders them on the north and has remained yellow. There's still hope.

Road Haliburton Forest one day this week. Decent enough but has some ugly spots that could bite in a hurry, especially if you don't have studs. Still got a good last ride of the season in. Came across a limb blocking a trail we'd passed over about a half hour previously, did our due diligence to mark it best we could n let em know at the base camp.

20170321_144149.jpg

20170321_144212.jpg

20170321_113435.jpg

11 hours ago, SudsJeff said:

Hey Soup. Any recommendations on where I should unload from (moose or wolf loop). I was planning on putting my sled in the truck and driving up from the south end. Much appreciated!

Skead recreation center.

Might even be able to get out from the STP yard, I've heard it still ok going.

Look what we got 

20170324_083908.jpg

20170324_083905.jpg

19 hours ago, Blake G said:

I'd like to get out for some more rides, but am not keen on going all the way to Kirkland Lake or Cochrane.

Just curious as to who might be sledding over the next few days? The ITG shows 5,000+ kms of trails as yellow or green in this province.....

I think by looking at the ITG just now that I will call BS on 5002 km. of trail being available (if being available means that it's yellow or green).

I think I'll check out Kearney Saturday morning, from Rickward's, and see how much the trails have changed in the past 5 days. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Kirkland Lake is beckoning, but that's an extra 4 hours up the road.

Meeting Pstn head at Rickward's around 815....

(brought the Northern Go-bag, just in case.)

2017-03-25 07.19.26.jpg

26 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Meeting Pstn head at Rickward's around 815....

(brought the Northern Go-bag, just in case.)

2017-03-25 07.19.26.jpg

Just go to K Lake and enjoy it. 

Ted, I saw your post after getting home. PM sent. Glad you had a safe ride.

I heard the Almaguin trails will be closed on the ITG, as soon as it's updated. :(

Pstn head and I thought the trails looked pretty good today, though.

20170325_122846.jpg

20170325_093123.jpg

At one point we met the Trail Boss.

We found some alternative riding locations on crown land. Guided tours available by request. PM only.  LOL

20170325_101032.jpg

fish.jpg

Hey Blake, had a great time today, nice ride for being close to home and great meeting you. I must say I wasn't sure what the trail boss was up to... He had me little worried at times, but was a great day overall.

Hope to meet up again some time...

Same here Buddy! Let's hope the white stuff hangs on for a little longer.

I'm thinking of going out tomorrow  morning (Wednesday), or possibly Thursday, to revisit some of the Kearney area logging roads that Pstn head and I enjoyed last weekend. There seemed to be about two feet of snow, four days ago, so I think there will be enough left for a nice ride. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Archived