1,220 km ride March 13-15 2017

rws

The original 4 day's of riding was to look like this...2 days riding out of Dauphin and 2 days riding with freelance who invited me to ride with him and 2 of his co-workers out of Kenora. With all well laid plans things do sometimes change. The ON ride had to be called off as all the lakes were bare ice. So the plan changed to riding extra days out of Dauphin.

I picked up snowcap on my way thru Wpg early Monday morning and headed for Dauphin staging out of the Canway Inn hotel. snowcap's friend Dale who was already in Dauphin joined us just for the Monday ride. We rode the Dauphin and the Ochre River area putting on 236 miles.

vinny drove up from Wpg and rode with on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday we headed for Swan River and ended up putting on 312 miles. Wednesday we rode the Dauphin/Ochre River area again taking a slightly different route putting on 210 miles.

freelance was unable to join us and had he come we would have rode on Thursday too although the forecast on Wednesday said there was a 100% chance of rain for Thursday.

Total miles on the 3 day ride came to 758....not bad for which may have been the last ride of the season for me.

The groomers were out grooming like crazy making for excellent riding. There were a few connecting trails between some of the club trails that weren't groomed but were still very rideable. The rail bed trail north of Ethelbert had some long stretches of bare ground but there was snow just off trail to grab cooling/lube. I had never ridden in this area before but will definitely be back next season.

No helmet cam pictures as the usb connection on my battery charger broke and had no way to keep the cam going....too bad as there was excellent scenery throughout the ride. I only took a few cell phone pics. snowcap also took some pics and hopefully posts them.

2015 XF8000 Sno Pro Ltd

8,874 km's for the season....29,828 km's total on sled

GPS map of the trails we rode.

Dauphin%20Ride%20Mapsource_zps2q8ovwoi.j

cell phone shot of snowcap and vinny at the Bin.

SledRideDauphin_zpssyccfb9v.jpg

That is an outstanding season and some big overall mileage for your sled. I sure wish I could log some big seasons like yourself.

Carmen

I love your reports RWS and one day hope to ride with you, Looks like we both logged some pretty big miles this year. 

Glad you found decent riding, couple of my buddies are heading up to The Pas this coming week north of Swan River

Archived