Break-in Ride March 16

Techdenis007

Got the rewind starter kit installed, new battery, spare belt installed... dammit, I can't help myself, gotta go try this thing out ... 

Left the house with hopes of finding trails in rideable shape and I wasn't disapointed.  Seems they had been groomed lately, today and previous couple of days.  Did a loop around to the marina, stopped for a little break, checked the belt tension and took a coupla pics.  Carried on over towards Ritchie, crossed Lac Ste. Therese (now a full fledged skating rink), and back to town.  Night was still young and had lots of gas left, so I did the same loop in reverse.  The longer I rode, the better the sled ran.  Not gonna say what kind of speeds it'll do, but to say it runs in the triple-digits would be  a slight understatement.... :D 

Runs great; strong, no bog or hesitation, no overheating issues with scratchers down.  It got plenty warm for the 3 blocks of asphalt coming home though ...  something to be watched.

20170316_211943.thumb.jpg.ccc8c66c1cf68af1cdaaf5fbbc1a3675.jpg

20170316_211911.thumb.jpg.6cbe486dbaf8cc8955d59ab809830440.jpg

104 km ride, still had almost 1/2 tank of gas left, it idles much better now that it got a good run in.  Hope to get another good ride in this weekend, looking like it'll be over the freezing mark ... maybe we'll luck out and they'll be wrong on the cold side ...

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Got the rewind starter kit installed, new battery, spare belt installed... dammit, I can't help myself, gotta go try this thing out ... 

Left the house with hopes of finding trails in rideable shape and I wasn't disapointed.  Seems they had been groomed lately, today and previous couple of days.  Did a loop around to the marina, stopped for a little break, checked the belt tension and took a coupla pics.  Carried on over towards Ritchie, crossed Lac Ste. Therese (now a full fledged skating rink), and back to town.  Night was still young and had lots of gas left, so I did the same loop in reverse.  The longer I rode, the better the sled ran.  Not gonna say what kind of speeds it'll do, but to say it runs in the triple-digits would be  a slight understatement.... :D 

Runs great; strong, no bog or hesitation, no overheating issues with scratchers down.  It got plenty warm for the 3 blocks of asphalt coming home though ...  something to be watched.

104 km ride, still had almost 1/2 tank of gas left, it idles much better now that it got a good run in.  Hope to get another good ride in this weekend, looking like it'll be over the freezing mark ... maybe we'll luck out and they'll be wrong on the cold side ...

omg,i can see your smile from barrie.sled looks sweet...warm weather will soften trails up...better no ?

19 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

That's awesome Denis

Looks good denis

Sharp looking sled

Keep the pics coming :-D

Will do Zrtcat, for as long as the trails last ......

7 hours ago, white dragon said:

omg,i can see your smile from barrie.sled looks sweet...warm weather will soften trails up...better no ?

I hope so, they're brutal hard.  Not too much though, already some dirt on hilltops and it's getting dry in town.  

The parking lot at work is about half bare gravel, next 3 days +4 +4 +3 and sunny.... it's gonna hurt a bit ...

... but yeah, the smile .... :D 

I'm sure we can see the smiles from Kitchener too lol

sweet ride Denis

I can see the smile from Bolton Denis!

Enjoy the new ride.

Glenn

Horizontal smile or vertical? I've heard the moon shines bright in the north country. 

Two sets of smiles for sure... one for Denis with the new ride and one for Alexandre with the inherited new to him ride.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Two sets of smiles for sure... one for Denis with the new ride and one for Alexandre with the inherited new to him ride.

You know it ... :D 

And then the kid piles it into a tree and dad not only has to fix it but pay for said repairs.

I've had it happen a few times.

Last week to be exact, trailing arm and windshield.

Went out again last night, about 3 hrs ride, after installing the rest of my accessories and a set of RollerSkis (they're awesome to have btw ...) 

Wanted to see how the trails in & out of Hearst are, headed East on the A, few little patches of bare ground here & there, not too bad yet.  Lots of sun on the power line trail, so it's to be expected.  Town access trails are worse, until you get away from town a bit.

Turned South onto the L155 just West of Mattice, a little patchy dirt there too, as it gets the afternoon sun along the roadway.  That was still not too bad.  But when I crossed the road I found the trail in the ditch before crossing the tracks was pretty flooded .... it was passable as it was mostly frozen, but the middle of it was looking deepish.  I stuck to the road side of the flood, there was some snow left there and crossed next to the culvert, all was ok.

Crossed the tracks onto the L155 and started heading towards Hearst, the trail was good, albeit frozen crusty surface so it was a bit darty, and scratchers were absolutely mandatory.  No particular bare patches on this trail.  

Crossed thru town and went West for a while on the A, almost to Fushimi road, trail was similarly hard & crusty, but saw more traffic, which helped the sliders some.  Trail condition was significantly better to the West, less traffic and more trees on the section I rode.  At least 3 times the sliders tried to stick on my way back even with the scratchers down, quickly cooled off by locking the brakes to a stop and letting snow build up under the track. I gotta believe that it would be much better during the day, as the surface will have been softened by the sun allowing proper lube of the sliders.

Nice ride, too warm had to take the breath box out of my Modular, weird feeling, like wearing an open face  lol !  133 km last night, break in is now 77% remaining ... 240-some km on it now.

Nice looking ride Denis.

I bought my sled in the spring as well, there are some great deals this time of year.

We bought ours at the start of April two years ago and got a fantastic deal.

Archived