$20,000. Snowmobiles and the Canary In the Coal Mine

Cuyuna

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

No in fact you have drank the Kool aid.  

The fact there have been major climate shifts in the past are reasons we know how the climate is changing so rapidly and the primary cause being man, mostly our emitting of greenhouse gases.  The ice ages of the past as well as the warming periods (they are cyclical) are much more gradual than what we are seeing now, typically measured in the thousands of years where today we are measuring the rapid warming in a period of decades and years.

It's quite clear you don't have a whole lot of information on the subject so I'd suggest if you are interested in discussing it, you learn instead of shouting ignorant skepticism.

Keep on drinking what that Kool-Aid... the "science" professional that has been prophesying doom and gloom for decades hasn't seen their prophecy come true yet. They are provided grant money to STUDY and the more doom and gloom they can come up with the more grant money they can get to keep themselves employed. The more money government can pull out of your pocket as well in the name of climate change.

I pay close attention to both sides of the argument and make my conclusions based on the evidence put forward by both sides. Obviously you just pay attention to those that align with the ideology you want. There is lots of scientific evidence to support us creating the end of the world is bunk. I keep hearing about the carbon foot print. How about the carbon footprint from the early 1900's and earlier when most homes were heated by coal. Where was the doom sayers of global warming then.

O2 and CC ...We are wasting our breath (our CO2 breath I might add) on gullible Canadoo and Donkey............were just beating a dead horse

BeatingADeadHorseAni_zpsrpbddfpg.gif

18 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Bingo!!!!!

Guy, go lay down.  

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thanks, but you realize scientists (I will use the term loosely) might loose funding if they can't spew hysteria nonsense.

Oh I forgot about the educational and scientific conspiracy.  Where are these grants coming from and how much do they account for?

Please also share the funding the fossil fuel industry provides.

Scientists publish reports, the "hysteria" as you call it comes from the media, often suggesting the science isn't settled and presenting data as a climate skeptic.

17 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Keep on drinking what that Kool-Aid... the "science" professional that has been prophesying doom and gloom for decades hasn't seen their prophecy come true yet. They are provided grant money to STUDY and the more doom and gloom they can come up with the more grant money they can get to keep themselves employed. The more money government can pull out of your pocket as well in the name of climate change.

I pay close attention to both sides of the argument and make my conclusions based on the evidence put forward by both sides. Obviously you just pay attention to those that align with the ideology you want. There is lots of scientific evidence to support us creating the end of the world is bunk. I keep hearing about the carbon foot print. How about the carbon footprint from the early 1900's and earlier when most homes were heated by coal. Where was the doom sayers of global warming then.

Not sure why you're saying drinking Kool aid, it's pretty clear that is you.  If Kool aid is peer reviewed journals and broad based scientific research and you consider this somehow a scam, this conversation is over as you are obviously smarter than all of science and have some very serious accusations to report.

My sources are as follows, please share yours and we will compare.

-Nasa

-Epa

-Noaa

-Acs (chemistry association)

-Apa (american physics society)

-MIT

-Oxford university

-Ucla

-Just about every other faculty of science in every country

The industrial Revolution was and still is a driver of the climate change.  You may not know this but in 1900 most of world was without electricity and the automobile had not even been produced.

It's clear you have zero idea what you're talking about and approach the subject with a preformed opinion based not on fact but from gazing out your window.

8 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

O2 and CC ...We are wasting our breath (our CO2 breath I might add) .on Canadoo and Donkey

Still hung up on the water vapor theory eh.   Did you read the NASA piece?

I know it's hard to admit you were wrong, and I don't care if you do but don't go around spewing bs like you think you know what you're talking about.

24 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

O2 and CC ...We are wasting our breath (our CO2 breath I might add) on gullible Canadoo and Donkey............were just beating a dead horse

You're probably right... more right than those that say the world is going to end so they can keep getting their grants.

Remember all the hype about the year 2000 and how all the computer programs would stop working because they would all hit the year 00. Electricity generation and distribution would stop at midnight. The point of sale (cash registers) in stores would all stop, banking would grind to a halt. None of it happened. At least it had a come and gone point.

I had a lot of friends who were making $200+ / hr. reviewing programs and modifying them to adapt to the year 00 just in case. As a precaution, because our business partners wanted it, our entire IT department was on site as the clock hit midnight and the year rolled over.

41 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

Oh I forgot about the educational and scientific conspiracy.  Where are these grants coming from and how much do they account for?

Please also share the funding the fossil fuel industry provides.

Scientists publish reports, the "hysteria" as you call it comes from the media, often suggesting the science isn't settled and presenting data as a climate skeptic.

Not sure why you're saying drinking Kool aid, it's pretty clear that is you.  If Kool aid is peer reviewed journals and broad based scientific research and you consider this somehow a scam, this conversation is over as you are obviously smarter than all of science and have some very serious accusations to report.

Wow, where do universities get grants.

Peer reviewed papers, lol.  More like a big circle jerk.

How about looking at the facts and coming up with your own conclusions and figuring out when you are being snowed.  These dimwits have been wrong, for decades.  Last time I looked two wrongs do not make a right and a whole string of wrongs . . .

The climate is changing, that is true, to think you will stop it is just retarded.

40 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

Still hung up on the water vapor theory eh.   Did you read the NASA piece?

I know it's hard to admit you were wrong, and I don't care if you do but don't go around spewing bs like you think you know what you're talking about.

I see your having a tough time even reading my purposely dumbed down posts on this for you  ........... but your mind is made up , you may want to research how many "deniers" scientist types are coming out of hiding now that the koolaid drinking Obama is history ...........but you won't

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wow, where do universities get grants.

Peer reviewed papers, lol.  More like a big circle jerk.

How about looking at the facts and coming up with your own conclusions and figuring out when you are being snowed.  These dimwits have been wrong, for decades.  Last time I looked two wrongs do not make a right and a whole string of wrongs . . .

The climate is changing, that is true, to think you will stop it is just retarded.

You do realize you're suggesting there is a massive global hoax involving the entire scientific and academic community.

Now back it up with some proof.

I'm not sure why you're suggesting I stop climate change, I've never suggested we can and I'm not sure science believes we can either.  Most likely a big cause of that is guys like you that won't listen to any reason or consider people might have done some work on this.  It's much easier for small minded people to make up ridiculous conspiracy theory than learn about science.

29 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

I see your having a tough time even reading my purposely dumbed down posts on this for you  ........... but your mind is made up , you may want to research how many "deniers" scientist types are coming out of hiding now that the koolaid drinking Obama is history ...........but you won't

No I read it.  It was dumb, there is no question there.

You didnt even understand that water vapor is not a driver like co2 but rather a feedback loop.   That was the only thing really missing from your rant, but just so happens that be the most important part.

I am familiar with some of the skeptics, they aren't coming out of the woodwork like you say, that's for sure, on the contrary; many who are facing being silenced have decided to speak up.    Again though I'll ask for sources as I've already shared some of mine.  And I have read a ton of the skeptics articles, there are very very few which are either peer reviewed or based on actual research but rather written with the purpose of disproving global warming.

It's funny that you can go back and forth between arguments; global warming isn't real, it is but were not causing it, it's a scientific hoax, it's happened before, it's real but it's not that serious.  Make up your mind!

There are all kinds of excuses and all kinds of bs you can come up with but at the end of the day the science is settled.  The only thing that is not is to what extent we are causing these changes and how they will impact us.

it is awesome canadoo, and donkey are the only one here that aren't stupid. :rolleyes:  

my statement was an opinion. last I checked it was ok to have one of those. you sir, just show your ignorance, and intolerance of other peoples views.  you can prove or dis-prove ANYTHING, with the correct spin. having common sense, and looking at all avenues to make your own opinion is what makes us intelligent individuals able to form our own opinions.

do you really think there cant be the possibility of earth being out of orbit, or off axis, and the changes we are seeing could be from that? hell take a tire, pull the weights off from it, it goes out of balance. look at fracking, and earth moving, and weight of water, cities, ect... you don't think that could unbalance this big ball? is it man made? possibly, is it JUST green house gasses?  not likely.

calling people ignorant, and insulting people, just shows both of you have nothing to stand on other than, "i am right, and you are wrong" mentality. ski 

15 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

it is awesome canadoo, and donkey are the only one here that aren't stupid. :rolleyes:  

my statement was an opinion. last I checked it was ok to have one of those. you sir, just show your ignorance, and intolerance of other peoples views.  you can prove or dis-prove ANYTHING, with the correct spin. having common sense, and looking at all avenues to make your own opinion is what makes us intelligent individuals able to form our own opinions.

do you really think there cant be the possibility of earth being out of orbit, or off axis, and the changes we are seeing could be from that? hell take a tire, pull the weights off from it, it goes out of balance. look at fracking, and earth moving, and weight of water, cities, ect... you don't think that could unbalance this big ball? is it man made? possibly, is it JUST green house gasses?  not likely.

calling people ignorant, and insulting people, just shows both of you have nothing to stand on other than, "i am right, and you are wrong" mentality. ski 

Perhaps we are the only ones who are willing to go out on a limb? Based on the demographics of sledders and specifically internet sledders. I'd expect to be in the minority here.

It's clear so far that I certainly have alot more understanding than anyone who's posted yet, Still all we have is opinion and rhetoric from the skeptics/deniers.  Not 1 clear argument has been made and zero sources.

I never insulted you, your opinion is clearly based on ignorance though. You are insulted by that but I'm just being blunt; you are clearly not very well informed on the subject.  What you're suggesting is not new, it has been debated and it's clear you aren't familiar with those debates; which is why you're coming across as being ignorant...

You can believe what you want and share those beliefs and I'm glad you did because maybe someone will reach out and attempt to learn about the subject.  Will that be you?   The only thing you've shared with respect to your opinion is that it's still winter in wawa and you don't know what is happening.  That is weather my friend and not indicidive of climate change one way or the other.

The theory's you suggest have been widely debunked.  I'd suggest you read more about them from reputable sources.  Eg not climate skeptic websites.   I'm pretty sure NASA knows a thing or 2 about the sun and the earths orbit, but cue the grand science conspiracy theorists...

well, obviously reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. I didn't say anything in this thread about it still being winter in wawa, or not know what is happening. i even stated it just cyclic weather. you are making points for me.

I have done my research, I am very well educated, and I don't buy into your view. it is your view, and you are entitled to it... just like I am on my own view. but, badgering and belittling people to get them to cow down to your view, is not productive. in fact... you turn people away from your views, by how you come across. fly's and honey.

Ski

I think all the hot air being blown in this thread is causing global warming.

Settle down with the name calling and belittling and have a discussion, albeit off topic from the original thread. (Surprise)  A little respect, please.

I'm ready for you to dismiss this one in the blink of an eye... after all it doesn't align with your agenda or that of those who are able to live off of government grants to continue studying their THEORIES BASED ON HYPOTHESIS.

http://allnewspipeline.com/Something_Strange_Going_On_At_The_Ring_Of_Fire.php

The Inuit who are likely more in touch with nature than any other group of people on the planet and have a high level of focus on their environment and the impact it has on their daily lives are ALL saying that the sky has changed, the earth has shifted.

The elders maintain the Sun doesn't rise were it used to, they have longer day light to hunt and the Sun is higher than it used to be and warms up quicker than before. The elders who were interviewed across the north all said the same thing, their sky has changed. The stars the Sun and the Moon have all changed affecting the temperature, even affecting the way the wind blows, it is becoming increasingly hard to predict the weather, something that is a must on the Arctic. The elders all agree, they believe the Earth has shifted, wobbled or tilted to the North.

When you spend your entire life watching the sun come up in the exact same spot on the horizon and it is now coming up somewhere else (shifted) that has to tell you something.

No they don't have high priced labs but sometimes the simple science is the best science. So many things taken as scientific fact over the years are later disproven as myth.

Things noted in the article like earth quakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity and activity in the Ring of Fire I believe pose a much larger risk to us than "climate change"

Fast forward to present day and we note that since that warning was issued, there have been a number of extreme weather events, and an astounding number of active volcanoes noted, as well as an increase in frequency and intensity of large magnitude earthquakes all along the Ring of Fire. As  Stefan Stanford reported on December 10, 2016, hours before the massive Solomon Islands earthquake struck, there was a strange and mysterious vibration detected on seismographs all across the planet, which had the whole planet "ringing like a bell." As of yet, there is still no explanation as to what it was.

On December 15, 2016, it was reported that a gigantic hole in the ocean floor near Australia, approximately 60,000 square kilometres and is seven kilometres deep, could "cause catastrophic natural disasters," with the
Sun UK describing them as "apocalyptic earthquakes and tsunamis." According to the Daily Mail "Geologists have for the first time seen and documented the Banda Detachment fault in eastern Indonesia," which is part of the Ring of Fire.

11 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

well, obviously reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits. I didn't say anything in this thread about it still being winter in wawa, or not know what is happening. i even stated it just cyclic weather. you are making points for me.

I have done my research, I am very well educated, and I don't buy into your view. it is your view, and you are entitled to it... just like I am on my own view. but, badgering and belittling people to get them to cow down to your view, is not productive. in fact... you turn people away from your views, by how you come across. fly's and honey.

Ski

Posts 1 on this thread is your perception of the winter in northern Ontario Nd that you'll be riding into April.  Post 2 you go into detail about you "not buying into the global warming thing" and Your very last sentence is: "it is just weather"

I can read just fine thanks.

These are not my views at all, they are the consensus views of the science. I'm not nearly as egotistical as most that have attacked me to think that I know better than scientists at NASA, MIT, Georgetown, or any number of other respected experts. That is the biggest difference between what I'm writing and what you've clear stated as Being your opinion.  My opinion is that they're correct because there is little to suggest they aren't.

You've been offended but you can't back up your statements.  I won't apologize for sharing factual evidence or debunked rhetoric.  

3 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm ready for you to dismiss this one in the blink of an eye... after all it doesn't align with your agenda or that of those who are able to live off of government grants to continue studying their THEORIES BASED ON HYPOTHESIS.

http://allnewspipeline.com/Something_Strange_Going_On_At_The_Ring_Of_Fire.php

The Inuit who are likely more in touch with nature than any other group of people on the planet and have a high level of focus on their environment and the impact it has on their daily lives are ALL saying that the sky has changed, the earth has shifted.

The elders maintain the Sun doesn't rise were it used to, they have longer day light to hunt and the Sun is higher than it used to be and warms up quicker than before. The elders who were interviewed across the north all said the same thing, their sky has changed. The stars the Sun and the Moon have all changed affecting the temperature, even affecting the way the wind blows, it is becoming increasingly hard to predict the weather, something that is a must on the Arctic. The elders all agree, they believe the Earth has shifted, wobbled or tilted to the North.

When you spend your entire life watching the sun come up in the exact same spot on the horizon and it is now coming up somewhere else (shifted) that has to tell you something.

No they don't have high priced labs but sometimes the simple science is the best science. So many things taken as scientific fact over the years are later disproven as myth.

Things noted in the article like earth quakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity and activity in the Ring of Fire I believe pose a much larger risk to us than "climate change"

Fast forward to present day and we note that since that warning was issued, there have been a number of extreme weather events, and an astounding number of active volcanoes noted, as well as an increase in frequency and intensity of large magnitude earthquakes all along the Ring of Fire. As  Stefan Stanford reported on December 10, 2016, hours before the massive Solomon Islands earthquake struck, there was a strange and mysterious vibration detected on seismographs all across the planet, which had the whole planet "ringing like a bell." As of yet, there is still no explanation as to what it was.

On December 15, 2016, it was reported that a gigantic hole in the ocean floor near Australia, approximately 60,000 square kilometres and is seven kilometres deep, could "cause catastrophic natural disasters," with the
Sun UK describing them as "apocalyptic earthquakes and tsunamis." According to the Daily Mail "Geologists have for the first time seen and documented the Banda Detachment fault in eastern Indonesia," which is part of the Ring of Fire.

Your source is A known conspiracy theory site.  I will read it but be prepared to share some better sources...

42 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

Perhaps we are the only ones who are willing to go out on a limb? Based on the demographics of sledders and specifically internet sledders. I'd expect to be in the minority here.

It's clear so far that I certainly have alot more understanding than anyone who's posted yet, Still all we have is opinion and rhetoric from the skeptics/deniers.  Not 1 clear argument has been made and zero sources.

I never insulted you, your opinion is clearly based on ignorance though. You are insulted by that but I'm just being blunt; you are clearly not very well informed on the subject.  What you're suggesting is not new, it has been debated and it's clear you aren't familiar with those debates; which is why you're coming across as being ignorant...

You can believe what you want and share those beliefs and I'm glad you did because maybe someone will reach out and attempt to learn about the subject.  Will that be you?   The only thing you've shared with respect to your opinion is that it's still winter in wawa and you don't know what is happening.  That is weather my friend and not indicidive of climate change one way or the other.

The theory's you suggest have been widely debunked.  I'd suggest you read more about them from reputable sources.  Eg not climate skeptic websites.   I'm pretty sure NASA knows a thing or 2 about the sun and the earths orbit, but cue the grand science conspiracy theorists...

First bold making a clear and definite insinuation...

Second bold asserting your superiority of knowledge in the field over everyone here because they have an opinion that is different than yours

Let's keep to a reasonable discussion

7 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

Your source is A known conspiracy theory site.  I will read it but be prepared to share some better sources...

okay... how about these sources reporting on what the Inuit are seeing

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/new-documentary-recounts-bizarre-climate-changes-seen-by-inuit-elders/article1215305/

http://theindigenouspeoples.com/2017/02/19/earth-has-shifted-inuit-elders-issue-warning-to-nasa-and-the-world-video/

https://climate.nasa.gov/resources/education/pbs_modules/lesson2Explain/

The list goes on and seems to give credibility to what these Inuit elders are saying.

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

First bold making a clear and definite insinuation...

Second bold asserting your superiority of knowledge in the field over everyone here because they have an opinion that is different than yours

Well, I've been around sledders for 30 years and have discussed this topic on sledding websites for a few years and have witnessed similar debates for the better part of 10 years.  Ive read comments for years on this very site that bring me to that conclusion, not to mention the fact there have been just 2 people in this thread who disagree with you and a multitude of others like you. 

It's not an insinuation at all (wrong  a word) its a very well grounded assumptuon.  Do you have any evidence that would suggest I'm incorrect?

I will stand by both statements.  I have studied this immensely for years because I wanted to learn more, and I was once a skeptic.

It's clear I've touched a nerve.  You have opinions based mostly on ignorance, you have a choice to make; Learn more or go away.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, skidooboy said:

cost of sleds is going up, and will go up with inflation... it is what it is. maintain them longer, more often, and better and get your years, and mileage out of them. buy, non-current, buy pre-owned, penny pinch to get you where you want to be.

for our weather issue this year.... it was the winter after a HUGE elnino... it is historically common to have a bad winter (for sledders) for the few years after an event like this. each year, until the next elnino will be better. we are still riding in wawa/dubreuilville, and points north. you just need to go where the snow is or resolve yourself to ride closer to home less on years like this, saving wear and tear on your sleds... or get out all together if you cant take the issues from these weather events.

even with the poor weather, and 3 warm ups, as long as the forecasted temps hold, we will be riding in april. with that... it means we could have rode at least 1 day per month for 5 months out of the year. the weather was weird, no doubt but, In reality it was a "normal length winter, and riding season" near superior".

your results, and feelings on this post may vary. Ski

so let me get this straight, I started this by saying it was just the weather...

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, skidooboy said:

I really don't buy into the global warming thing.. we had an ice age a few thousand years ago, no one was around to see and report the thaw and say it was man made... why now? this could be as simple as we (the earth) has rotated a few degrees off axis, and is causing weather patterns to change, or that the earth has drifted in it's orbit around the sun, and we are closer and causing the changes. or the sun is getting hotter, how do we account, and measure any of this. it is just weather, it changes, it is cyclical. it is just weather. ski

I reiterated, that it was "just weather"...

1 hour ago, Canadoo said:

You do realize you're suggesting there is a massive global hoax involving the entire scientific and academic community.

Now back it up with some proof.

I'm not sure why you're suggesting I stop climate change, I've never suggested we can and I'm not sure science believes we can either.  Most likely a big cause of that is guys like you that won't listen to any reason or consider people might have done some work on this.  It's much easier for small minded people to make up ridiculous conspiracy theory than learn about science.

The academic communities are always looking for funding and that will drive their views.

Oh, climate change is real and its been happening for billions of years, it just the man made contribution portion that is in question.  Personally I believe it is much lower than the sky is falling paranoid groups who have been wrong with essentially every prediction to date think it is.  Remember the polar caps were once tropics, so our planet has gone through massive climate changes during its history, glaciers have been melting for some time, long before we were even an twinkle on our planets eye.  The last mini ice age occurred a few hundred years ago and its is expected for us to undergo a period of warming.  

Does man have an impact on GW, yes we do, but its a minor one.  

Population growth and consuming our resources are a bigger concern to me.

57 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

That is weather my friend 

then you stated "that is weather"

and I am wrong, and you are right...

ok, I get it now. :huh::rolleyes:

Ski

13 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Better sources for sure, but they don't concur with the the hoax site you quoted originally that this suggesting axis shift is causing climate change.  What is so alarming about what the Inuit are seeing is the changes they have witnessed which are directly related to global warming.  There is almost nowhere else on earth that has experienced the magnitude of change (the Nasa link you provided dives into this).  Unfortunately the elders aren't scientists and even in the globe article they suggest the Inuit know that its "southerners" causing these changes.  They are seeing more polar bears they believe because of the bears being collared and probed by us, but in reality its because their habitat is shrinking so they look for food where they can get it (in the villages).

Nasa is confirming what the inuit are seeing, and why they are seeing it.  It further proves what I'm saying.  Nasa is very much on record as to the causes and effects of MMGW, and in fact just published some works that concur withe inuit; melting arctic ice is shifting the polar axis, not the other way around.

https://phys.org/news/2016-04-nasa-global-earth.html

14 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

Well, I've been around sledders for 30 years and have discussed this topic on sledding websites for a few years and have witnessed similar debates for the better part of 10 years.  Ive read comments for years on this very site that bring me to that conclusion, not to mention the fact there have been just 2 people in this thread who disagree with you and a multitude of others like you. 

It's not an insinuation at all (wrong  a word) its a very well grounded assumptuon.  Do you have any evidence that would suggest I'm incorrect?

I will stand by both statements.  I have studied this immensely for years because I wanted to learn more, and I was once a skeptic.

It's clear I've touched a nerve.  You have opinions based mostly on ignorance, you have a choice to make; Learn more or go away.

Wow... quite the assumption on your part. You seem to have concluded that because my opinion, based on what I have learned are simply wrong and that you have learned far more on the subject than I have or in fact it seems just about everyone else. Is that because you assume that the only informed opinions must align with yours? Perhaps I have investigated the subject much deeper than you have and rather than simply dismiss those who don't support your hypothesis actually digest what they have to say as well then form my own opinion based on information and evidence from both sides of the fence.

Archived