last ride of yr

white dragon

crew of us going to trailer to Cochrane mar 23 then ride to kap & stay at super 8.ride to hearst 24th & stay at queens.back to kap super 8 for 25th.ride back to Cochrane sunday morning & trailer home.bill is taking carter & I am bringing lily

anyone who is interested is welcome to join.hearst has a hockey tourney so be aware.both places have pools & hot tubs

Oh ffs on the wife's birthday or I would probably be there. Next year we are riding for a few days together.  

OH BABY AM I GLAD TO READ THIS !!!!!!

I'm gonna wear my skis down to the spindles on that weekend !!!!!  Break-in gonna be done right quick !!!

I'll see if I can talk Doris26 into getting us a room in Kap, so the girls can play together .... we had such a great time a coupla years ago ....

Sledjunk ApeXman, OntarioF7, you seeing this ?

11 hours ago, reevester said:

Oh ffs on the wife's birthday or I would probably be there. Next year we are riding for a few days together.  

ya,season ended to quick around here.seems we missed out riding.next yr for sure

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

OH BABY AM I GLAD TO READ THIS !!!!!!

I'm gonna wear my skis down to the spindles on that weekend !!!!!  Break-in gonna be done right quick !!!

I'll see if I can talk Doris26 into getting us a room in Kap, so the girls can play together .... we had such a great time a coupla years ago ....

Sledjunk ApeXman, OntarioF7, you seeing this ?

that would be sweet,see what you can do

Have a great trip! Gotta hate it when stuff gets in the way of riding. LOL!

Just might have to change my spot in the WD Crew once the new toy comes.

Should be able to see the big grin following you in your mirrors all the way around GASPE

C u next season!

We are thinking of heading up to either Sudbury or Kap about the same time.  Leaving here around dinner time on 22nd.  If we go to Kap, we will likely stay at the Advantage Motel again.  No pool or hot tub, but suits our needs.  Could drive across to party.  May be 5 or 6 of us.

Sudbury is about 5 hours closer each way but with the trail to the hotels closed, that might make the decision for us.  Not really interested in saddlebagging but would love to party with WD and crew, as well as Denis and family, when they are in Kap, if we make it that way.

hoping we would get a ride in this yr sledjunk,usually make it out for a couple spins each yr.

I'm riding in Sudbury Friday

Any takers ??

hmmmmm

tough crowd,only  got a maybe from sledjunk.everyone packing it in already,nice & warm up north.

Sudbury was a bust so we are headed to Kap Wednesday night.  Stopping in NB to arrive Thursday AM.  Staying at Advantage Motel till Monday.

OF7, ApeXman, another friend and myself.  CU there?

3 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Sudbury was a bust so we are headed to Kap Wednesday night.  Stopping in NB to arrive Thursday AM.  Staying at Advantage Motel till Monday.

OF7, ApeXman, another friend and myself.  CU there?

nice,we will drop in Cochrane by 1;30 ish & to moonbean clubhouse by 3ish.it is open thurs ? then on to kap

Not sure if it will be open Thursday.  I think that was only for this week (March break).  If not, there is a nice restaurant in Moonbeam, a block or two from the trail.

I'm not done riding yet

At least another week.

5 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Not sure if it will be open Thursday.  I think that was only for this week (March break).  If not, there is a nice restaurant in Moonbeam, a block or two from the trail.

thurs to sun 9-4

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

I'm not done riding yet

At least another week.

we'll see you there ?

12 hours ago, white dragon said:

tough crowd,only  got a maybe from sledjunk.everyone packing it in already,nice & warm up north.

Warm for sure.   Did 133km last night from 8:30 to 11 pm, never got below -1 the whole time.  Next 3 days gonna be real bad for us ...

58cd20a1648d8_WeatherMarch182017.thumb.JPG.69525fb47f122f908cf6c53ad34fb360.JPG

Kap and East definitely have more snow than us.  Report on local trails here ...

Break-in ride / trail report March 17

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Warm for sure.   Did 133km last night from 8:30 to 11 pm, never got below -1 the whole time.  Next 3 days gonna be real bad for us ...

58cd20a1648d8_WeatherMarch182017.thumb.JPG.69525fb47f122f908cf6c53ad34fb360.JPG

Kap and East definitely have more snow than us.  Report on local trails here ...

Break-in ride / trail report March 17

hope snow holds up denis,keep us updated.may have to cancel that leg of ride

Did the Cartier run today.

Fantastic.

Dropped at St Louis wings in the valley .

Up 56 to C115D to Cartier and back.

cancelled hearst motel,3 days in kap & may still move to Cochrane sat nite.even though I don't like it there

I'm not done yet !!

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

I'm not done yet !!

If the Sudbury Trails are still decent this weekend and anyone wants to do a loop with some company let me know! 

Just took a look at the ITG .... THIS kind of tells a story on who's still got snow and who doesn't ....

58d3fc67911b3_March232017.thumb.JPG.f3a81395e1bf70c70de308c6aef6496e.JPG

As much as I'd like to have my friends up to Hearst, I advised them to stay at Kap or East of there as we haven't had any new snow in a month.  Town is almost down to dirt everywhere, pretty dismal ... only about a foot of hard crusty snow in the backyard, the trail to the tempo is dirt with a bit of ice left.

But I've been thinking though .... the Hornepayne trails are closed, which is all crown land ... probably still very rideable ... didn't want to put another multi-day permit on the new sled to ride our dwindling local trails  ... Hmmm ...... :D 

Hey Denis I sent you a message but I would say large parts of our system are still very ridable if you were to bypass the deal breakers that caused us to close things.  ie, last 10 kms south of Hwy 11.  

heading to Dub tomorrow after work, have Monday off. Pat Dubreuil has posted on FB "ride until it is dry" discounts at the Relais Magpie Motel. we are heading up to fish sat and sun, coming home on Monday. matt you up for another crack at esnagi, Saturday afternoon? Ski

Archived