Cochrane - restaurants

snowgirl

Heading to Cochrane next weekend.  Any recommendations on places to go out for dinner?

Ice Hut

JR'S Ribs

Terry's

You'll get a few good opinions from here.

Tripadvisor reviews are useful.

Thanks.  We are there for 2 nights, so we will try Ice Hut and JR.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, Blake G said:

Ice Hut

JR'S Ribs

Terry's

You'll get a few good opinions from here.

Tripadvisor reviews are useful.

X2

7 hours ago, whits-end said:

Not sure why people don't go the Panda for Chinese.  We had a great meal there again last night.  Short walk across the highway from Westway.

Never even knew it was there. I will try it next time, to switch it up.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:25 AM, whits-end said:

Not sure why people don't go the Panda for Chinese.  We had a great meal there again last night.  Short walk across the highway from Westway.

Are their egg rolls filled with sprouts?  or are they filled with cabbage?

7 minutes ago, whits-end said:

They are cabbage.  Other than that it was an excellent meal.

BTW...For good sprout egg rolls try Has Restaurant in Sundridge.

Thanks! Prefer the sprout filled ones, but the cabbage ones will keep you regular.

I will keep the restaurant in Sundridge in mind - not too far from there - but there is a good schnitzel place in town as well!

On 3/16/2017 at 8:25 AM, whits-end said:

We went there on Thursday, food was good!

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, barberch said:

We went there on Thursday, food was good!

Good to hear. Maybe I will have to try Lemon Chicken next time in town :-)

Awe come on. Somebody has to grab onto an opening like that.

OK, I'll bite (sic)  How many legs do Lemon Chickens have?

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, sledjunk said:

OK, I'll bite (sic)  How many legs do Lemon Chickens have?

With the big breasts today, who is looking at legs :)

Had dinner at Panda Buffet tonight.  Except, no buffet, no combo #6 and no combo #9.  Disappointing!

41 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Had dinner at Panda Buffet tonight.  Except, no buffet, no combo #6 and no combo #9.  Disappointing!

Is cochrane busy currently? 

Many are leaving today.  With the forecast showing rain and mild temps, I think it is done after this weekend :-( 

I think you are correct SJ. Next weeks forecast will probably do away with any snow and ice in open areas. It will be ok in the bush but how do you get to the bush.Did you see my youngest and his buddy. They are leaving today. 

21 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Many are leaving today.  With the forecast showing rain and mild temps, I think it is done after this weekend :-( 

Kap closing their trails on Monday, as per their FB page.  It's thin everywhere around here, and calling for major + temps this week.  I'm riding the bush today between Hearst and Hornepayne, will be my last ride.

Have a good ride today SJ, we won't meet up but it was great riding with you and OF7 a couple of weeks ago !!!

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

That sucks at least the trails lasted until end of March. Always next year. 

We enjoyed a little ride on Kirkland Lake trails before the rain started and the trails were in awesome shape, much better than I expected with a good layer of snow over the hard pack/icy stuff.  We met nine sledders and had two pass us on the trail.  If this is the last ride of the season for us then I'm glad it was this good. 

Here's a pic of the only bad spot with an ice puddle across the trail. It'll make for a fun puddle jump next week. 

IMG_1833.JPG

9 hours ago, catinental couch said:

They are riding this morning and heading home this afternoon. They are driving a dark grey ram with a black and yellow enclosed and a blue ford with a white clamshell. Staying at the thrift lodge.

Didn't see them, but we were at the Westway.

7 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

That sucks at least the trails lasted until end of March. Always next year. 

Yeah, this will be the first year of many that I haven't ridden in April

Today, we rode out to Moonbeam in beautiful sunshine.  Did the nursery loop on the way to the clubhouse.  The loop was frozen rock hard and the temp light came on near the end of the loop.  Went off trail and barely scratched the surface :wtf:  .  Stopped for a bit and added snow to the running boards and continued.  The clubhouse was so busy thaqt it became apparent that it would take a long time to be served.  So we headed back to SRF for lunch.

By the time lunch was over, the sun was hidden by clouds and the sky was darkening.

I kept upping my goals after I exceeded my annual record the other day.  First I wanted to exceed 19K on the sled and when that became a likely reality, decided to try for 8000 Km for the season.  At the warmup shack, I realized it wasn't likely to happen, but OF7 said that once we got back, if it hadn't started to rain yet, he was game to keep riding.  Within minutes of starting up again, it began to snow!

Once back in Cochrane, we fueled up and the two of us headed out.  I heeded about 120Km.  About 15 Km later, the snow turned to freezing rain and we decided that it wasn't fun anymore, turned around and headed back.

Ended the season at 7923 KM and 19064 Km on the clock!

I am happy!

Great report SJ! New iron next winter or one more year? 

Archived