Truck on Trail...

Dirtbag

I just had to repost as it's own topic.   I cant believe this guy was so far down the trail C206D trail south of 78 in  Sudbury 

Freaking idiots.. of course we had to help him...it was still minus 20 or so and he was so far from help...  He had to have gone about 20K down the trail as far as I could tell....

plotting GPS coordinates for a scavenger hunt....seriously?   Thanks for breaking the ice bridge buddy....

Still cant believe two sleds pulled him out....I know it doesn't look bad but he was hung up on the frame at the front.

rant done...   maybe   :-(

image1 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

I hope someone made sure that he got charged for trespassing ...... f'ing idiot .... should have burned the truck on the spot ....

3 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I hope someone made sure that he got charged for trespassing ...... f'ing idiot .... should have burned the truck on the spot ....

No common sense it seems.

Rather than try to pull him out I think I may have offered him what would have been a pretty cold ride out to where he could pay someone to come and help him or if perhaps there was cell phone reception called the OPP and let them deal with a rescue.

Thought about it... the chilly ride was the next option but I'm guess I'm too nice and we tried anyway

1 hour ago, Dirtbag said:

Thought about it... the chilly ride was the next option but I'm guess I'm too nice and we tried anyway

Same here, I even help asshats out of the rhubarb when they have to hit the ditch 'cause they come around a corner in my lane.  Obviously, the help comes after a few choice words!

For those who have ridden with me, you know how close I keep to my side of the trail; it's the only reason I'm still alive I think.  I almost got clipped twice this past weekend.

Impressive the sleds pulled it out! Did the belt slip? 

"That's not a truck, it's an SUV w/ birth defects"

I don't know how illegal it is.  If it's a road, even a logging or bush camp road, it may not be.  

It is stupid though.

Next time, have him pay for a belt for your sled.  If he says no, then leave.

20 minutes ago, Grimm said:

I don't know how illegal it is.  If it's a road, even a logging or bush camp road, it may not be.  

It is stupid though.

that was kinda my thinking....  i wasn't sure so I just said...."I'm pretty sure this is not a road this time of year", and left it at that

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Impressive the sleds pulled it out! Did the belt slip? 

nope...pulled it out in no time....great traction with picks and minus 20 temps

4 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

nope...pulled it out in no time....great traction with picks and minus 20 temps

Of course they pulled them out no problem, SKI-DOOS pulled them out ;) 

35 minutes ago, Old Sledder said:

This may sound bad, pretty sure I would NOT have helped pull him out. Just sayin' 

That sounds just right. I would have called the police though and given up his plate number. ... you know, for their own safety. ... 

I think the police may have been called.

With the lower part of the the trail being plowed he may not have noticed it was a trail.

During the other seasons it is a forest access road that is easily traveled by most SUV'S & trucks.

Not defending stupid by any means.

On 13/03/2017 at 1:16 PM, 02Sled said:

Rather than try to pull him out I think I may have offered him what would have been a pretty cold ride out to where he could pay someone to come and help him or if perhaps there was cell phone reception called the OPP and let them deal with a rescue.

I've done almost that... I gave the OPP Officer a ride to the asshat who had his Jeep stuck on a trail. Then I pulled the tow truck cable and driver down down to the Jeep. 

I ended up working with the guy, cost him $1200 in fines and towing fees to get his Jeep out. And that was about 13 years ago.

Archived