TOPS C Trail [ Shining Tree Groomer Section ] Wanapitei bridge to Mattagami Lake

kered

The "C" trail North of Shining Tree has been plowed due to mining operations this time. The Water Shed located @ highway 560 & highway 144 can be thanked for that. They haven't even responded to the clubs calls. They plowed 15 of 20 signs into the trail as well, slows, arrows, etc..... Couldn't wait a couple of weeks to look @ rocks that haven't moved in 12,000 years. We really do have to get off these logging roads. Had a deal with the logging companies to wait until after the March break, then mining couldn't wait I guess. Very frustrating, three years in a row now. Derek.

Plowed Nab 2017.JPG

Plowed Nab 2017 (1).JPG

Plowed Nab 2017 (2).JPG

Plowed Nab 2017 (3).JPG

This just in from the GEM Facebook page ..... very much related ...

Urs is assessing the L143 today to see if we can re-open it since the C trail is now closed due to a plowed section of trail south of Gogama from a drilling/mining company.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, kered said:

The "C" trail North of Shining Tree has been plowed due to mining operations this time. The Water Shed located @ highway 560 & highway 144 can be thanked for that. They haven't even responded to the clubs calls. They plowed 15 of 20 signs into the trail as well, slows, arrows, etc..... Couldn't wait a couple of weeks to look @ rocks that haven't moved in 12,000 years. We really do have to get off these logging roads. Had a deal with the logging companies to wait until after the March break, then mining couldn't wait I guess. Very frustrating, three years in a row now. Derek.

Plowed Nab 2017.JPG

Plowed Nab 2017 (1).JPG

Plowed Nab 2017 (2).JPG

Plowed Nab 2017 (3).JPG

kered, so C trail impassable for the rest of the season? How is trail L143 condition, is it just as fast as the C trail to Timmins?

We will probably see you next Thursday on our way up to Timmins from Sudbury.

Carm, you would have to ask Auld Reekie in Gowganda about th L143 trail, I have not rode it yet. C trail is done for the season, the forestry is moving in Monday. Kered.

To whom it may concern, the trail section that I'm responsible for is now closed. The interactive map will eventually reflect that. Thanks, Derek.

Archived