Planning a ride March 16th - 20th

Carm

Looking for suggestions, I was thinking of starting at the sportsman north of Sudbury and riding up to Cochran doing the canyon loop and then heading back over 4 or 5 days. 2 of us confirmed so far but OCers are welcome to join and I am open to other suggestions, we will go where the snow and groomed trails are!

10 hours ago, GibsonNytro said:

We are booked at the Sportsman Lodge on the 16th to 19th - Also looking for ride ideas in the Sudbury area. 

Sudbury has wolf loop, moose loop and shining tree and back. All 3 are great day loops. 

Just one opinion based on a lot of sledding this year and in the past in the areas that you considering, but I would start in Kirkland Lake and make sure to get as far as Hearst to ride all of the loop trails north of Mattice and Hearst, even if that meant skipping the Canyon(unless you haven't experienced it yet). Carry on west and south to Hornpayne and Dub, if you want miles. The C trail is now closed in the Gogama area, and the Timmins area is thin on snow, so hard on the sled in town. Enjoy and be safe, wherever you go.

Archived