Shivesy in Cochrane

Shivesy

Just to let you folks know conditions became better this afternoon. We ate lunch at Casey's there in Kap and watched the storm move east. Then the sun started to shine as the temp started to fall a bit. The wind picked up quite a bit but that was okay as the sun lifted our spirits greatly. The 100 mile ride from Kap to Cochrane was fast and the trails seemed to improve as we headed east. We actually had a very pleasant ride that made riding today definitely worth it. We logged on another 180 miles today and feel lucky to have accomplished that considering the conditions that were handed to us this morning. The sleds seem to be doing just fine and this trip is just about to get interesting as we start heading SOUTH back towards Searchmont here in the next few days. I have attached a couple afternoon pics for ya. Thank you northern Ontario as we have really enjoyed our ride this afternoon on your trails!!

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.PNG

glad you are staying positive, and making the best of it. sounds like it has been a great trip. we are heading up Friday afternoon. keep riding safe, and having fun, love the updates. Ski

3 hours ago, Shivesy said:

Just to let you folks know conditions became better this afternoon. We ate lunch at Casey's there in Kap and watched the storm move east. Then the sun started to shine as the temp started to fall a bit. The wind picked up quite a bit but that was okay as the sun lifted our spirits greatly. The 100 mile ride from Kap to Cochrane was fast and the trails seemed to improve as we headed east. We actually had a very pleasant ride that made riding today definitely worth it. We logged on another 180 miles today and feel lucky to have accomplished that considering the conditions that were handed to us this morning. The sleds seem to be doing just fine and this trip is just about to get interesting as we start heading SOUTH back towards Searchmont here in the next few days. I have attached a couple afternoon pics for ya. Thank you northern Ontario as we have really enjoyed our ride this afternoon on your trails!!

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.PNG

you guys from ohio & Georgia ?

Yes.... my cousin with the orange helmet is from Greenville Ohio, I am from Columbus Georgia.

36 minutes ago, jonstep said:

Thank you very much for the updates. Heading up there tomorrow and was actually considering cancelling if I hadn't heard better news

It'll be fine, you just need scratchers.  Snow this year has been bad for cooling all season long, even freshly fallen snow it seems.  I've been using my scratchers almost every ride unless there was fresh powder.  After this rain/freeze, they'll be mandatory if you don't have studs.

11 hours ago, Shivesy said:

Yes.... my cousin with the orange helmet is from Greenville Ohio, I am from Columbus Georgia.

thought so,we met you on trail.we were the 6 sleds stopped & u pulled over.your cousin's helmet gave it away

I remember your group as I think it was at my first 50 mile stop. A lot of good laughs on the trail with you guys. 

That helmet is a Scorpion Transformer and my cousin loves it. It has a built in sun shield that drops down along with the modular design where the whole front lifts up. I think he paid like $130(US) with heated shied on closeout but only in orange. He was fine with the orange but definetly not my style. I'll have to hand it to him though as he gets many compliments about the color. 

Archived