Interest - 136 x 1.25 x 15 Rip Saw Track 2.52 Pitch

Gadgetman

I'm trying to decide between studding my Rip Saw track (Yamaha Vector LTX) or putting on a Ice Ripper. What is the interest to buy (any idea what you would offer) on my original track, track has 8000KM and is in great shape. 

The track would come off in the Spring if someone wanted it.

I personally would not stud another track, especially one with 8000 Km.  I have over 17000 Km on an Ice Attak track on basically the same sled as yours (2015).  I also have over 20000 Km on my 2012 short track Vector.

sledjunk: thanks. I'm sliding towards just replacing the track, but getting some cash for the old track makes it an easier call. I've been able to get by without studs since 2010, but I had an "experience" on the New Brunswick trip last week which puts me in the studded camp for next year. Any reason for the Ice Attack over the Ice Ripper? (I'm almost all trail riding.) 

The Ice Attak is the updated version, AFAIK.  Wildbill can provide more details.

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

I personally would not stud another track, especially one with 8000 Km.  I have over 17000 Km on an Ice Attak track on basically the same sled as yours (2015).  I also have over 20000 Km on my 2012 short track Vector.

Do they get the same hook up as a studded track or closely compareable? 

I guess be a bit leas weight and easier on the track in the long run maybe too.  

I have yet to break or loose or pull a stud on mine but im pretty careful in area's know for partially covered rocks. 

About the same grip as 96 studs on 121".  There are actually 5 or 6 studs (alternating) on each row.  This track is NOT suitable if you want full grip to race on ice.  Instead, it is a good alternative for trail riders who want the reassurance of additional grip on ice and icy trails.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, Gadgetman said:

sledjunk: thanks. I'm sliding towards just replacing the track, but getting some cash for the old track makes it an easier call. I've been able to get by without studs since 2010, but I had an "experience" on the New Brunswick trip last week which puts me in the studded camp for next year. Any reason for the Ice Attack over the Ice Ripper? (I'm almost all trail riding.) 

I would stud the track, put studs only in the middle. If you do it properly and torque down the nuts,  should perform fine for a few seasons. You won't get much for a used track anyway's. 

On 21/03/2017 at 5:04 PM, Viperules700 said:

I would stud the track, put studs only in the middle. If you do it properly and torque down the nuts,  should perform fine for a few seasons. You won't get much for a used track anyway's. 

thanks. Looks like I will get $300 for my track, which enables me to proceed with a new pre studded track.

14 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

thanks. Looks like I will get $300 for my track, which enables me to proceed with a new pre studded track.

Can't go wrong with that and gives you a chance to change out all the drive bearings as well. You doing the change out yourself?

On 23/03/2017 at 0:53 PM, Viperules700 said:

Can't go wrong with that and gives you a chance to change out all the drive bearings as well. You doing the change out yourself?

Depends if I can get the two special tools on loan. otherwise I'll do as much as I can and then get a dealer to swap the track and like you suggested, replace the drive bearings. 

Archived