Sudbury loop

DOM

Staying at chateau guay this weekend

any suggestions for shorter loops with a lunch stop 

im intrested as well for the following weekend,  I see info online about the moose tour and wolf tour.  but I cant figure out where they actually are and what trails to take, lunch and fuel options for sleds that max out at 100 miles etc..

loops.jpg

12 minutes ago, Blake G said:

loops.jpg

Hey Blake I see that you can always teach.   Good job once again!!!

thanks Blake!   i see red on the moose loop...does anyone know the reason? 

I'll post up details later today

It seems I'm Sudbury bound this weekend. A friend of mine should be a used car salesman. He gave me the spiel starting a couple of days ago. He has the reservations and everything planned out. He made it sound to appealing to pass up.

Have fun!

Looking forward to your report.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Have fun!

Looking forward to your report.

It will be interesting. I've never been that far north before so it will all be new to me. Leaving Toronto at 5:00 - 5:30 am with a momentary pit stop to pick up the sleds

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

It will be interesting. I've never been that far north before so it will all be new to me. Leaving Toronto at 5:00 - 5:30 am with a momentary pit stop to pick up the sleds

Not sure where you are staying, but if it is Chateau Guay or Moonlight follow trail 12 south I think it is and head out onto Ramsay Lake. Sort of the central lake a lot of the city is built around. Some nice houses etc. Soupkids should be able to chime in if it is safe or not - it is usually not staked. At the far end is the Science Centre and a few other landmarks.

pic01.jpg.a068799ca5f4212a05f1b4f8042e8ee5.jpg

Ramsey is good to go, not staked as its an official airport runway in spite of no commercial aviation on the lake for at least 10 years.

If staying at the chateau or moonlight please be careful heading north, twice this week the groomers have turned around due to water in the swamps .

Trails are starting to shape up nice since the last snowfall. 

Hi,

Any updates on the Sudbury area?

Was planning on heading to Cochrane tomorrow March 6th, but just came from there yesterday from 4 days sledding and would like a closer drive. 

Last time in Sudbury my dad and I had to take the bus back from Windy Lake due to missing idler wheels on his sled. We would like to go back and ride the Moose loop if it is good. 

Thanks

Shawn. 

Hi, groomers very active around Sudbury right now due to new snow and cold temps, especially the northern side. We came down from Gowganda/Shining Tree on C trail yesterday to Lake Wanapitei just north of Sudbury, was excellent.  You could ride the C trail all the way to Timmins, then head to Cochrane.

Unfortunately looks like mother nature not cooperating again with very warm temps and rain forecast on Tuesday, will get sloppy.

Have a great ride.

A107 and C looking north.JPG

On 3/3/2017 at 10:15 PM, soupkids said:

Ramsey is good to go, not staked as its an official airport runway in spite of no commercial aviation on the lake for at least 10 years.

If staying at the chateau or moonlight please be careful heading north, twice this week the groomers have turned around due to water in the swamps .

Trails are starting to shape up nice since the last snowfall. 

hey Soup..   sounds like it might be better to stage at the STP yard next weekend is that correct?  Even thou we are staying at the Chateau?

If so any tips on finding the STP location...parking options etc?

thanks

Depending on the Temps you may be better to stage at STP.

I will get eyes on the route after the mild Temps.

STP address.

Archived