Wanted- Asshat sled.

UsedtoSkidoo

15 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Ok Mike. I'm asking.

I have a 250 dual-sport bike. Vintage, late 70s. 2 stroke, goes like hell.

I thought it'd be fun to get my license, and ride back roads on Sundays, 6 or 7 times a year, days when I was too beat to ride trails, and it was too nice to sit inside.

A 250 is in the cheapest class to insure.

My agent quoted me $1800. Just liability.

20151006_182037.jpg

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Yes the insurance companies have gone nuts I think. To them, motorcycles are voodoo.

Yup too many kids on street bikes doing wheelies, have hurt the image and insurance rates. I wonder how they afford the insurance, live at home I suppose. 

52 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Yup too many kids on street bikes doing wheelies, have hurt the image and insurance rates. I wonder how they afford the insurance, live at home I suppose. 

I see them riding their crotch rockets on the highway all the time. The traffic is doing 120 or so and they are weaving in and out of traffic going much faster. Or the idiot who thinks he's impressing someone when he pops the front wheel in the air at 100+ and takes off.

A friend of ours is a District Chief with Toronto Fire. Over the years he's told us about some of the many motorcycle accidents they have been sent to. Most don't end very well for the guy on the bike and a lot of them are a permanent end.

To me, it's just another example of government enforced extortion.

Why am I guilty, until proven innocent?

From a liability standpoint, I can do a LOT more damage with my 17k pound motorhome.

On 12/03/2017 at 9:36 AM, manotickmike said:

I have a 250 dual-sport bike. Vintage, late 70s. 2 stroke, goes like hell.

I thought it'd be fun to get my license, and ride back roads on Sundays, 6 or 7 times a year, days when I was too beat to ride trails, and it was too nice to sit inside.

A 250 is in the cheapest class to insure.

My agent quoted me $1800. Just liability.

20151006_182037.jpg

Wow that a ton of cash.

I'm insurance it $500 , no comp for a 2000 1100 vstar.

Archived