WHAT DO YOU PAY FOR INSURANCE

thetorches

Just got quotes back from insurance broker. I'm with Intact right now, they want $1669.00 for the zr 5000 or zr 7000. Gave me another quote from Optimum. They want $968.00 for the 5000 and $1163.00 for the 7000. That seems like a lot to me. Going to call TD. Heard there rates are more reasonable. We have a group policy with TD for our union. Got quotes for vehicles and they were more than where I am insured now. Will give them a call anyway and see what there rates are. What does everyone else pay for newer machines.

I have full collision coverage 1 mil liability coverage. 2 sleds 950 a year for both through td. Deductible is 1000 on both. I would go with belair direct as they are cheaper for the 600 but they only cover up to 750cc so I can not do both there.  Oh ya sleds are the only thing I have with them.

We use Intact for most items except sleds and Atv's. Those are with TD. Intact is very pricy for toys.

17 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

We use Intact for most items except sleds and Atv's. Those are with TD. Intact is very pricy for toys.

I'm paying $140 for my 02 viper for just liability with Intact. Was paying $240.00 two years ago with someone else. Forget who it was.

Intact wanted $260 for liability on my Apex. I have my car and truck and RV with them.

I checked with State Farm (The ONLY company who's interested in insuring my dirt bikes)and it was $150.

Guess who got my business.

Full coverage sidewinder $598

Full coverage pro s 800 $347

Full coverage phazer 500 $128 

all with TD

Thanks a lot guys. Will definitely give TD a call. This is a great site. Everyone is so helpful. Thanks again.

Left TD for the personal due to being cheaper.  Finally have bike, atv and sled with one provider.   Boat and truck with cooperators.  I dont have paper work for proof at the moment as others have shown, but definately pays to shop around. 

I don't know if you have called TD yet or not but I'm going to guess this is as good as you'll find for an apples to apples comparison of what you are looking for as you're going to get. We have two 2015 ZR7000 El Tigre sleds insured with TD. We are fully covered including if the sled goes through the ice. We have the monthly automated payments from our account and the annual cost is $331 per sled taxes included. For both sleds the monthly cost is $55.17. For one it would be $27.58 per month.

9 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I don't know if you have called TD yet or not but I'm going to guess this is as good as you'll find for an apples to apples comparison of what you are looking for as you're going to get. We have two 2015 ZR7000 El Tigre sleds insured with TD. We are fully covered including if the sled goes through the ice. We have the monthly automated payments from our account and the annual cost is $331 per sled taxes included. For both sleds the monthly cost is $55.17. For one it would be $27.58 per month.

Do you only have sleds with them??

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

Do you only have sleds with them??

No I just made it up. Did you really post that dumb question?

Do you really have a snowmobile?

17 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

No I just made it up. Did you really post that dumb question?

Do you really have a snowmobile?

Wow sorry for asking.  It would of been as simple as saying yes or no.

Meaning do you have cars/ house with them as well.  Most places offers discounts when you have multiple things with them.

Go fly a kite buddy!!

8 minutes ago, gobills said:

Wow sorry for asking.  It would of been as simple as saying yes or no.

Meaning do you have cars/ house with them as well.  Most places offers discounts when you have multiple things with them.

Go fly a kite buddy!!

Sorry... I misread your post. My apologies. Tiny screen on the phone and old eyes.

They have most of my insurance however they have led me to believe that the multiple line discount really only applies to the house and auto or multiple autos. Interestingly they have or had two different branches. TD Home & Auto and TD Meloche Monnex as separate entities. The sleds were under TD Meloche Monnex while the rest were under TD Home & Auto.

There was another quirk with the insurance that I found years ago when adding an extra sled. I had one policy for one sled that had a mid Feb renewal date. They prorate their earned premium for a snowmobile with the vast majority of it being snowmobile riding season. Essentially 85% of your premium is based on Dec through Mar so if you insure a sled in Dec, the premium is $300 and you cancel in March having coverage for just over 1/4 of a year you aren't going to get 75% of your premium as a credit/refund. You'll only get about 15% since the bulk of their risk exposure is during those riding months.

I was adding a second sled in late Dec to the existing policy expiring in mid Feb for my wife. The premium for Dec to mid Feb was going to be about $225 / $250 where a full year was about $300. This would have the monthly deduction for the balance of the existing policy go through the roof. The work around was to put the new sled for my wife under a NEW separate policy on it's own. The annual premium remained the same but the monthly payment was spread out over 12 months starting in Dec and ending in Nov.

TD also has discounts for various professional groups.

2016 viper, $545 yr full coverage through TD, only policy I have with them...

15 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

TD also has discounts for various professional groups.

They do indeed. Professional groups and often group plans based upon who you work for. Interestingly that multi line discount thing came into play for our two vehicles and the house. My former employer had a group plan with TD which at the time was offered under the TD Meloche Monnex side. The TD Home & Auto side had our house my truck and the wifes SUV. When we compared the cost under the group plan with TD Meloche Monnex to the cost under TD Home and Auto we were actually just a few $'s less not using the group plan rate.  They told me at the time that while there is a discount on the group plan rates it is not necessarily huge. Essentially it cuts out some of their marketing costs and simplifies the application process.

$145 for my XC 700 and $165 for my XCR 440.  Liability only.  TD

Td is very competitive for sleds and property insurance. Put the two together and you get around 20 percent discount (house and auto policy). As far as vehicles go they are way out in outer space with prices. They won't touch anything that is commercial like a business Atv or truck. So keep that in mind.

19 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Td is very competitive for sleds and property insurance. Put the two together and you get around 20 percent discount (house and auto policy). As far as vehicles go they are way out in outer space with prices. They won't touch anything that is commercial like a business Atv or truck. So keep that in mind.

I haven't found any cheaper than TD by any amount that would make it worthwhile changing companies for on my F150 and my wife's Escape. The best I found was something like $25 or $30 a year less on the vehicles but if I separated the vehicles I would lose the discount on the house which would mean I would end up paying more in total. I couldn't find anyone else with the same coverage on the house for less. I look at total insurance cost and the impact of separating it to varying companies. Each year I shop around. I've also found that updating the value of things like a sled or boat annually by calling them makes a difference in the premium.

Even if there was a slightly higher premium which I haven't found I don't mind paying a slightly higher amount for peace of mind. My sled trailer was damaged and was a write off. It was covered under comprehensive. When dealing with the adjustor she started with, I think I can waive your deductible.... yup I can. Then she asked how old the trailer was and what a replacement was worth. I told her and she says... I don't think the appraiser has valued the trailer high enough. I'm going to raise this for you. End result was it only cost me a few hundred $'s to replace the old trailer with a new one the same.  

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Sorry... I misread your post. My apologies. Tiny screen on the phone and old eyes.

They have most of my insurance however they have led me to believe that the multiple line discount really only applies to the house and auto or multiple autos. Interestingly they have or had two different branches. TD Home & Auto and TD Meloche Monnex as separate entities. The sleds were under TD Meloche Monnex while the rest were under TD Home & Auto.

There was another quirk with the insurance that I found years ago when adding an extra sled. I had one policy for one sled that had a mid Feb renewal date. They prorate their earned premium for a snowmobile with the vast majority of it being snowmobile riding season. Essentially 85% of your premium is based on Dec through Mar so if you insure a sled in Dec, the premium is $300 and you cancel in March having coverage for just over 1/4 of a year you aren't going to get 75% of your premium as a credit/refund. You'll only get about 15% since the bulk of their risk exposure is during those riding months.

I was adding a second sled in late Dec to the existing policy expiring in mid Feb for my wife. The premium for Dec to mid Feb was going to be about $225 / $250 where a full year was about $300. This would have the monthly deduction for the balance of the existing policy go through the roof. The work around was to put the new sled for my wife under a NEW separate policy on it's own. The annual premium remained the same but the monthly payment was spread out over 12 months starting in Dec and ending in Nov.

Must be a small phone to miss a one line post........  nice!!

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Must be a small phone to miss a one line post........  nice!!

I MISREAD ONE WORD of your post. I apologized what more do you want!!!

Archived