Trip to Moosonee availble this year?

snowman

Do the loop from SRF with a full tank.  You won't need to buy as much fuel up there then.  The west side is the long side.  Do the loop clockwise.

BP

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Do the loop from SRF with a full tank.  You won't need to buy as much fuel up there then.  The west side is the long side.  Do the loop clockwise.

BP

Thank you BP

Piston ally is on the smooth rock side.

Once you ride it  you will get it.

Just pay the price and enjoy the day. It is not something you do every day. If the pennies matter to you, make your own coffee at home and brown bag your lunch to work so you can enjoy your day on your sled trips.

I rode the canyon trail today from SRF clockwise. Check The Polar Bear Riders FB page before you go up, they were pretty much out of gas again today at the Base Camp. They sold us 12L max each and that was enough to return to Cochrane. The conditions were great and so were the 5$ hot dogs. The gas truck is scheduled sometime Tuesday. Moosonee is only about 150k from the base camp and the new owners are trying to negotiate with extreme tours for next season. 

thx for the updates ... Hoping to get up there on the Saturday (11th), we are taking gas cans just in case, given all the reports.

Q1: Are there warm washrooms up there (base camp), the ladies are quite anxious about that!

Q2: Trail conditions? i heard it was raining?

Popeye,

1- Not sure about the washrooms at the base camp, the mid trail canyon loop washrooms are not heated but pretty nice for an out house. Supposed to be warm this weekend so not as big a deal.

2- It was raining but the trails were still apparently rideable and still show as green. I am trying to ride there again this weekend. I plan on weather watching and hope they get a bit more snow this week. 

The loop is about 300kms and if you go clockwise you can fill up in Smooth Rock and take 70kms off 300. My 2 stroke sled will probably go 230 kms so you may not need much fuel if any although the low fuel lights were on riding back into Cochrane with 12L added. If base camp has fuel it's cash and 3$/L. Have fun before winter is done!

Thx Xfirecat

A quick update:

Washrooms are/were decent, not heated but good. the comfort stations gave us a very appreciated break from the -25c cold. A big thanks to whoever who manages them. Base camp is expensive, but hey no biggy. Happy it was there as it was another comfort station for the ladies.

A very enjoyable day on the trails though the canyon itself was all packed down, which allowed us to make plans to get up there again, maybe on a warmer weekend! The Base camp -> SRF was fast to say the least, though the 'stand up n ride' folks were passing us as though we were parked.

A big thanks to the party that showed us the way, when we were kind of 'lost' :)

Archived