Looking for single enclosed trailer

signfan

Did you call Scott Reinhart sales in Shelburne? They have new and used trailers.

Georgian bay trailers sells them as well. 

have been looking at trailers and the prices seem to be all over the map for new ones...what would be an average or good price for a single and double enclosed trailer new ?..

53 minutes ago, Diceman said:

have been looking at trailers and the prices seem to be all over the map for new ones...what would be an average or good price for a single and double enclosed trailer new ?..

Clamshell or ramp? To an extent you get what you pay for. There's a lot to look at. Size of the frame, C channel or tubing, torsion axle or leaf spring, routing of the wiring, thickness of body panels, roof structure for snow load, if a ramp, locking mechanism. does it have a man door and fuel door. Quality of welds. Often you also pay a premium for a name.

1 hour ago, Diceman said:

Triton Hybrid doubles new will run you around 6800.  I would recommend the Hybrid rather than the clamshell as they are easy to load/unload and years later you will ask yourself why you didn't, but that my opinion.  You can get others brands cheaper, but the Triton's are built well and will always get you top dollar back if you decide to sell.   Look around, lots to see.

I bought one and plan to keep it for a long time.

I'll second Arctic Crusher on the hybrid vs clamshell comment. We had a clamshell. We'd arrive on a Saturday and the first thing I often had to do was get the ladder out and clear the snow off the top so I could lift the clam open. You can only get so close to the top with the shovel so you don't damage it. That bottom layer may even be ice which becomes quite heavy. I remember clearing almost all of the snow off the top, getting it lifted and now down in front pulling the pin to allow for the tilt when the remaining snow and ice let loose and slid down on top of me.

Archived