Taking some Newbies on their first 'real' trip

GeorgianBayGuy

Faithful.  I require some simple recommendations on a trip we are planning next week.  I am running with 3 guys who are used to weekends runs to their cottage, and never experienced the trails in and around Sudbury.  My plan is for us to stay at the Sportsman Monday (27th) night and then head up to Gogama for the Tuesday night, then on to Cobalt or Temagami area for the next stop and finally back to the Sportsman to pack up home.  

Best bests for the Gogama and next night accommodations?  I want this to be a nice experience and think this fits the bill.  Unless anyone has better suggestions.  

Of course the trails have gone yellow, but hoping some cold weather and snow will fix that issue.  

Thanks in advance

J & L Lakeview Retreat  is a good spot in Gogama stayed there a few times clean and restaurant on site

I would stay at auld rikki in how gandalf then temagami .

3 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I would stay at auld rikki in how gandalf then temagami .

LOL is that a new location , what trail is that

I would wait out the warm, rain, and see what kind of snow starts back up before committing to a trip, especially if you want to make an impression on newbies. plan a trip so they see how AWESOME it is when conditions are great... not a trip when we are on a down hill slide. just my .02 Ski

Ski is right on. If you don't have studs and scratchers on the sleds, you won't be going far without new snow. Maybe better to pic a spot and do a few day loops, different directions. Conditions can vary allot and sometimes the trail is so icey and hard, you will have to go a different direction, until things improve. Lots of variables.

Gowganda Lake Lodge is a great place to stay as well.  Not sure if that is too far out of your way, though.  No suggestions in Temagami area.

The Temagami Inn is a good bet. Just off Lake Temagami, restaurant on site and gas close by.

I believe the trails around Temagami are probably pooched right now though.

From what the ITG shows and from what we have seen driving home Saturday night I would be considering nothing south of Kirkland Lake,

Archived