C TRAIL south of SRF (between hwy 11&655)

jonstep

What is the status of the yellow portion on this trail (assuming partially plowed). How many kms approx and will the status likely remain the same for the rest of the season?  Heading up there mar 9 and just doing some advanced planning wondering if best to take the A106 into Cochrane on our way to Hearst?

thanks again

Jon

On 2017-02-20 at 8:48 AM, IQ TURBO said:

Without any NEW snow, i would most likely avoid it. Im pretty sure its around a 12km section that is through logging, so its plowed down..

This is true from what I am hearing/reading which is unfortunate because that is a great trail and makes a nice loop.

I've done that trail in the past when it was being used for logging - and it is a b_tch. When they plow it, there is little to nothing on the side to use a sled on. Moot point now as the pic and OFSC trail status shows it as closed now.

Plowed roads don't need to be a major issue to snowmachines - IF the grader guy set his wing level and 4' off the ground.

This pushes the snow away from the road, and gives the skidoos a flat runway up top to ride. 

You still need to be carefull up there, but at least your not down on the sand and gravel.

Maybe if the clubs would talk to the loggers, and request such - the grader driver likely doesn't think about it otherwise.

Archived