Trails in the hearst Cocrane Chapleua Wawa area.

Sasquatch777

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no fresh snow in dub today. rode 70 miles on/off trail. the d108a north to hornepayne has some dirt, rocks, wet spots, frozen ice, VERY LITTLE LOOSE SNOW FOR LUBE, COOLING NOW... SCRATCHERS ARE REQUIRED!

the corners have gotten a bit choppy. if they groom here, and we do not get any new snow, my sleds will not be able to ride the trails, even with scratchers. (2.25" lug track). having the trail ungroomed is helping me ride right now.

trails have held up well but, as I have stated... think spring riding, anything that was plowed is bare, towns are difficult to get around unless you like riding bare pavement, dirt. supposed to get down to -12-13c tonight. praying for some snow to help with our trip, trails. I will keep you guys posted.

you can ride. everyone has different levels of good, poor, fair excellent. Ski

3 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Cochrane a few minutes ago. What more can you say...

16939499_1205726402809309_908926578040563855_n.jpg

16864309_1205726406142642_2780552797207127200_n.jpg

50 kph tops    :wavey:  :crazy:

Ok thats it! Plan B in the works:drool-1:

wawa, chapleau, Algoma, calling for 20cm's snow through the weekend. Ski

22 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Thanks for posting this pic, IQ...looks better than  I expected.  We're heading up to Cochrane on Sunday for 4 days of loops and a visit over to Hearst...so here's hoping...

3 hours ago, skidooboy said:

wawa, chapleau, Algoma, calling for 20cm's snow through the weekend. Ski

positive vibes dude...nice

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

IREVERENT... Heres the thriftlodge parking lot this am..you ask, i deliver..

16938577_1205400136175269_6054755113678133854_n.jpg

Thanks, IQ...since I'm apparently an "old fuddy duddy computer illiterate/device type", I appreciate the info. 

3 hours ago, irREVerent said:

..since I'm apparently an "old fuddy duddy computer illiterate/device type", I appreciate the info. 

lol...wolf in sheep's clothing...is more like it

mr & mrs =fuddy duddy

lone wolf =blair morgan

lol,how is the wife,say "hi" pls

8 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Thanks, IQ...since I'm apparently an "old fuddy duddy computer illiterate/device type", I appreciate the info. 

Sorry IrREV ..... that was kind of cheap ..... absolutely no insult intended, just kidding around .... :( 

The trails look no worse then southern Ontario on a good day.  Cheers better drive 50 or your sliders will melt right to your rails IQ. 

12 hours ago, skidooboy said:

no fresh snow in dub today. rode 70 miles on/off trail. the d108a north to hornepayne has some dirt, rocks, wet spots, frozen ice, VERY LITTLE LOOSE SNOW FOR LUBE, COOLING NOW... SCRATCHERS ARE REQUIRED!

the corners have gotten a bit choppy. if they groom here, and we do not get any new snow, my sleds will not be able to ride the trails, even with scratchers. (2.25" lug track). having the trail ungroomed is helping me ride right now.

trails have held up well but, as I have stated... think spring riding, anything that was plowed is bare, towns are difficult to get around unless you like riding bare pavement, dirt. supposed to get down to -12-13c tonight. praying for some snow to help with our trip, trails. I will keep you guys posted.

you can ride. everyone has different levels of good, poor, fair excellent. Ski

What is Michigian like this year? I am curious. 

in mich, lower peninsula is all dirt, trails are done for the year. upper peninsula might rebound like northern Ontario, if they could get more snow and the lake effect fired back up.

still nary a flake of new snow in dub over night. waiting for the "storm to hit".  environment Canada saying maybe 1-2" here now. :( looks like the storm is tracking further south, east which may be better for most of you viewing this.

-16c (near 0 f) this am so things are firming up that were soft, wet. but, with it that cold... it is hard on the cooling, and hyfax for the sleds.  still praying for more snow. Ski

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

in mich, lower peninsula is all dirt, trails are done for the year. upper peninsula might rebound like northern Ontario, if they could get more snow and the lake effect fired back up.

still nary a flake of new snow in dub over night. waiting for the "storm to hit".  environment Canada saying maybe 1-2" here now. :( looks like the storm is tracking further south, east which may be better for most of you viewing this.

-16c (near 0 f) this am so things are firming up that were soft, wet. but, with it that cold... it is hard on the cooling, and hyfax for the sleds.  still praying for more snow. Ski

Thanks Eric,

Keep us informed about Dub and area.

Heading up next Thrursday with the White Dragon crew.  Meeting at Halfway - Thursday   Dub - Friday    Chapleau - Saturday   Elliot Lake or Goulais River - Sunday depending on conditions. 

Take Care.

Scott and Paige

16 hours ago, white dragon said:

lol...wolf in sheep's clothing...is more like it

mr & mrs =fuddy duddy

lone wolf =blair morgan

lol,how is the wife,say "hi" pls

LOL...WD, Mrs. irREVerent says to tell you that you're definitely off our Christmas card list.  :-P

8 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Sorry IrREV ..... that was kind of cheap ..... absolutely no insult intended, just kidding around .... :( 

No worries, Denis...looking forward to seeing you late Tuesday.  I'll be the one with the bag over my head...:baghead:  8-) 

4 hours ago, irREVerent said:

No worries, Denis...looking forward to seeing you late Tuesday.  I'll be the one with the bag over my head...:baghead:  8-) 

Make sure you have eye and breathing holes .... missing either could be dangerous, even fatal methinks. .. :D

10 to 20 cm of snow coming apparently. .. nada yet but we're hoping. .. 

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

IQ I hope you had a great trip but according to my calculations, you must have been well north of the 50 kmh speed limit. Don't burn it down up there. It could be a lllooooonnnnnnnggggg walk.BTDT

Starting the trip sunday. Heading to cochrane in the am.. just wanted to post pics of conditions for those of you sitting on the fence post.. i will try my best to post pics and current conditions starting sunday night in hearst.

Woot woot.. and for the record we always follow the posted 50 km per hour speed limit..B)

Roads, vehicles, patio were bare yesterday.... woot woot ....

20170225_074409.thumb.jpg.26ff431a5d966eed0828f5196179de68.jpg

20170225_074334.thumb.jpg.4aad7677a069224add1470ee998ec7fa.jpg

Giddy up !!!!!

Archived