Feb 18th North Bay to New Liskeard

Reved

Left Barrie Friday night. Staged at the sunset inn  North Bay. Head out this morning for the Water front in New Liskeard. 

Leaving NB the trail was a little nasty but once we were out of town and on the D the trails were great. IMG_1714.JPGIMG_1715.JPGIMG_1716.JPGIMG_1720.JPGIMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

Trail held up very well. The snow here in New Liskeard is noticable less then south of here. Tomorrow we are heading of to Val d' Dor. Lest hope the trails are as good as today!

nice pics scott,thx for sharing

Looks good. Enjoy Val dor

was there 3 weeks ago and it was awesome

ms

See you tomorrow night :wavey:

Have a Great ride to Val-Dor enjoy tour trip

zrtkat

We left the Water front Hotel late as we waited out  the light rain and ran the lake to the A107Q. The slush was a nasty on the river, cost me a belt. Trails down that way are getting thin.

We basicly ran the 83 all the way here. The tails quickly turned awsome as we headed north. Geart day. 

IMG_1726-1.JPGIMG_1728-1.JPGIMG_1729-1.JPG

I guess i enjoyed the ride so much i did take may trail shots. I'll try to do better tomorrow. 

It was a nice easy day. We left the Forrestal Hotel and ran down the 85 to the 386 to Kitcisakik. It was a nice run until we caught up to the groomer. The trail was surprisingly rough after we passed. Our lunch stop did work out because they stopped serving at 1:30. So we gabbed a quit snack in the store and headed back. We stopped for lunch in Senneterre were we ran into Nancy, Nuz and Sled junk again as they were finishing up. 

After our our adventure in the hotel reasturant last night there was no way we were going to eat there again, 2 hour wait for cold food. Tonight it will be pizza and wings in the room. 

Lets hope our the weather holds for the trip to Kirkland lake in the morning. 

IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_1761.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG

IMG_1758.JPGIMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

looks like fun! nice pics.

Trails look great.  Please post after you get to Kirkland lake. Interested in the real world update.

We ran from Val d' Or to Kirkland Lake today. We took the 85 to the 309. 85 was good but the 309 was awaome after crossing the river all the way to the 93. The 93 was almost as good as the 309. We then took a local trail the connected the 93 to the 85 saving some time in the north west section near Le Sarre. We headed south on the 93 were the trails started to change to tighter type trails and the snow became thinner and softer. We did have some feezing rain, but the trails were so good it didn't matter. 

Stopping for lunch along the 117 hwy where we met 3 stockers, Sled Junk, Nunz and Karen (apparently she changed her name over night). After wishing them a good trip we continued on the 93 to the Ontario boarder. The trails did continue to get twistier. The A110Q was rough. Larder Lake proved to be a nice break. The snow conditions continued to drop once in Ontario.There was alot of clicking going over rocks that we never had after riding away from the towns in Quebec.

With the weather coming we have decided to try to make it back to the trailers in North Bay tomorrow. We canceled Gowanda and moved up the hotel in North Bay to Wednesday night. 

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1785.JPGIMG_1766.JPGIMG_1773.JPGIMG_1769.JPGIMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

Archived