Will Sudbury trails survive the warm up?

snomopc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The northern stuff will survive.

Pm me before you head up I willwill let you know.

14 minutes ago, soupkids said:

The northern stuff will survive.

Pm me before you head up I willwill let you know.

That's great. Thank you. Hey I saw your emergency/help a guy out list. That's a great Idea. I'm always willing to help a guy out in trouble.Thank you Tim.

Oh where's the PM button on this site?

Click on my picture and then look for the envelope.

Yes most have FB pages, look up onaping ridge riders, northbound sno drfiter, walden sno runners, sudbury trail plain, broderdill etc

:)

I'm getting worried about the temps. Every time I check the forecast there are more days above freezing. I see rain for Friday.What's the traffic like out there?

I'm seeing snow for Sudbury this Friday on one weather model. Keeping an eye on North Bay and Sudbury in case RAP is toast the weekend ahead. Great thread..keeping an eye on it as well.

we are in dubreuilville now... it was close to +12 today. there is ALOT OF SNOW, in the bush, trails are great still. fuel, town access will be harder each warm day, until fresh snow can help. with the warm temps the clubs CANT GROOM, Like they do when it is colder. DONT COMPLAIN, DONT EXPECT ALOT FROM THE CLUBS, THEY ARE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN DO... AND GROOMING ABOVE FREEZING WILL DO MORE HARM TO THE TRAIL THAN GOOD. ski

13 hours ago, Canuck said:

I'm seeing snow for Sudbury this Friday on one weather model. Keeping an eye on North Bay and Sudbury in case RAP is toast the weekend ahead. Great thread..keeping an eye on it as well.

Hoping that model comes true!

11 hours ago, skidooboy said:

we are in dubreuilville now... it was close to +12 today. there is ALOT OF SNOW, in the bush, trails are great still. fuel, town access will be harder each warm day, until fresh snow can help. with the warm temps the clubs CANT GROOM, Like they do when it is colder. DONT COMPLAIN, DONT EXPECT ALOT FROM THE CLUBS, THEY ARE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN DO... AND GROOMING ABOVE FREEZING WILL DO MORE HARM TO THE TRAIL THAN GOOD. ski

Thanks for the report. No groomer bashing here. I'm thank full that they are out there.

no worries... I know the internet "thinks" capital letters are for yelling. I use it to place importance/emphasis on what I am typing. nothing directed direct at you personally. just a post for the masses. Ski

16 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

no worries... I know the internet "thinks" capital letters are for yelling. I use it to place importance/emphasis on what I am typing. nothing directed direct at you personally. just a post for the masses. Ski

as do many others

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

Any reports on the meltdown would sure be appreciated. I used your quote as I don't see a plain reply button. 

I'll report on conditions after my ride Monday

So far the trails have survived better than I thought they would.

Don't get me wrong, there is dirt showing but snow is still good.

not much left to groom with around town but north is very good.

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

So far the trails have survived better than I thought they would.

Don't get me wrong, there is dirt showing but snow is still good.

not much left to groom with around town but north is very good.

Thanks for the report. If you wouldn't mind posting up through the warm up. I'm going to adjust our timing to come to Sudbury. My buddy and I have flexible schedules and are waiting out the warm weather. I hope this doesn't kill our year.

looks like a possible snowstorm near Sudbury on Friday on some of the weather models :)

12 minutes ago, FreezerBurnt said:

looks like a possible snowstorm near Sudbury on Friday on some of the weather models :)

:icon_dance-cpatch:

27 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

:icon_dance-cpatch:

Screenshot_20170220-210251.png

Friday from what I have looked at

Yesterday TWN showed 80% chance of 20cm of snow. Today it's showing 90% of 5mm rain which is supposed to come first then follow up with 10cm of snow. I was told to call Denis back tonight after 9pm at chateau guay and get a trail report from him as he's out riding usually and the wife is at the inn working...lol. Very nice lady to talk to. We have a room booked but might cancel depending on reports.

No rain as of yet.

6 minutes ago, soupkids said:

No rain as of yet.

Where are you located in suds soupkids? When I called at 10am thismornin to verify the cancellation policy, she said it was raining.

Archived