2 more dead

soupkids

17 year old girl on scugog and 1 hit by train in midhurst.

both are terrible,too many deaths related to sledding this yr.

Saw an aerial shot of the Scugog site. Why in the world would anybody even leave shore near that area. It is so very sad to lose a young person. My kids are that age and I feel awful for the families involved. 

25 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

16 so far i heard

I thought these 2 brought it to 18

exactly the reason I have decided not to buy my 13 yr old daughter her own sled....after 1200km riding OSFC trails during my first season sledding, there is just too much risk that she will become a statistic....she has ridden with me approx 1/3 of those km and she drives when conditions are safe....just too many morons on the trails...thank God I can ride during the week....

Another fatality today in Anten Mills area ,When is this going to stop?

The Scugog accident was after dark. Really sad that the kids were just out having some fun. We all probably remember those days (and nights). It was scary to see all that open water on the lake. Can anyone difinitively say where it happened on the lake? I asked my brother yesterday if he had heard anything @ work. He said View Lake & Caesarea had been mentioned.

I know from my days of riding the lake, co-workers that lived near Valentia said never to ride past the boat launch north of Sand Bar Rd. Then we had the winter w/ 5 drown in 2 incidents in a week on the east side of the lake back in the late 90s.

On the train related fatality, did the rider drive into the side of the train?

I know we had the crap scared out of us @ the rail crossing south of Byng Inlet. We were heading back towards Parry Sound & approaching the crossing. We hadn't stopped to check if it was safe to cross when suddenly a southbound train went flying thru the crossing. Due to a small rock cut to the north, visibility was limited in that direction.

2 went through lake muskoka today ,both made it out 

Another north of barrie.

60 yr old from innisville.

Archived