Spare Belt

Muskoka_Mike

Hi Everyone

Last night, I was riding with a friend, and his belt broke. He did not have a spare belt, but I did so I let him use mine. Its a good thing because I never really looked at my spare belt before, just assumed it was good. Well, it was not. My buddy was able to use it, but it didn't fit right (04 ski doo and an 09 ski doo) and he had to head back home. The outside of the belt seemed to have been missing sections. So now I want to get a spare belt for my ski doo, but I do not want to spend a lot of money on a spare. I use a performance belt and I figure that when my belt blows, I will use the spare to get home, and then I will buy a new performance belt and swap it out. Anyone know where to get a cheap belt? I have been quoted over $150, but that seems a little steep considering I will hardly use it. I have been riding the same belt for the past three years, and it still looks to be in good shape. Thanks for the help.

Maybe it's time to have your three-year-old belt become your spare.

4 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Maybe it's time to have your three-year-old belt become your spare.

Uh Duh, why didn't I think of that lol. That's a good idea. Now I want to know who makes the best belt for a 600 Etec.

A new belt for my sled was a shocking $240 from dealer......

I've only ever blown belts on sleds I added a clutch kit too......new sled won't be getting that addition

Do yourself a favour a buy the dealer belt, I have tried belts from Royal Dist. the high performance one and the last about 20 km and 

chunks fly out. I guess thats why they are half the price!

Part #417300383 at your favorite Doo shop.  Don't waste your time and very short riding season using crap that won't last.  I get 2 seasons (5000km) from a belt, on both sleds.  That's cheap.

Every snowmobiler should have one of these:

belt.thumb.JPG.2c1e369128fa0fde93ecf3ec6c31c205.JPG

Available at Work Wearhouse - (or Magazain Aux Travail to give the store a certain shopping elan) belt stretches as needed and you can hook it at whatever length you desire. Great for those lunch stops at the various fabulous on-trail places recommended by sledders on this forum. Price - around $25.00

As for the snowmobile - I'd stick with OEM.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Every snowmobiler should have one of these:

belt.thumb.JPG.2c1e369128fa0fde93ecf3ec6c31c205.JPG

Available at Work Wearhouse - (or Magazain Aux Travail to give the store a certain shopping elan) belt stretches as needed and you can hook it at whatever length you desire. Great for those lunch stops at the various fabulous on-trail places recommended by sledders on this forum. Price - around $25.00

As for the snowmobile - I'd stick with OEM.

Good One!

Sno

2 words, as coined by my father-in-law.

Buffet pants.

Easily identified by their elastic waistband.

I'm still using the original belt, 13 years and 20,000 km.

My old Cat Jag Z1 had the original belt at 10,000 km except for the first one which was defective when the sled was new and was replaced the first season.

Archived