SLOW THE F*%K DOWN

sledzz

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I wonder if it's the 130 kph I heard one person bragging about on the C trail outside Elmvale.

LOL

23 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

I have a heart condition... Should I stay home?

Using 02 logic, maybe

25 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Using 02 logic, maybe

Nothing wrong with my logic. The trails where you are putting the safety of others in jeopardy is not the place to be testing your limits. There isn't any need to come over a blind hill crest and have your sled completely air borne as an example. That is not riding in control since your control, skis and track are no longer in contact with the trail.

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

I don't believe in pushing your limits, but pushing to it is fine under each circumstance

guys with heart conditions should stay off too, lord knows I could be their next victim should they have a medical episode

Quoted for posterity.

i ride mostly week days (thank god) but you still come across those people cornering way to fast. Maybe they feel not many people out mon-thurs beats me. I think even if you are capable of cornering at light speed the person coming around the other way prob is not or could be new to the sport.  Just makes sense to slow the f*** down on blind corners and keep to the right. If you can't ride the right your going to fast  

I am sure this has been a problem in the sport since before I was born 

hard to keep on the right when fckers seem to want to dust the corners leaving a three foot berm of snow, never seen so many idiots on the trail till this yr 

"Rail lines are a great place to bump up your speed without endangering others.  They would be a horrible bore at 50kph"

I hope that you are aware that many of the "trails" are "multi use" and you are endangering the other users who are using the trails by exceeding the posted speed limits. 

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

There isn't any need to come over a blind hill crest and have your sled completely air borne as an example. That is not riding in control since your control, skis and track are no longer in contact with the trail.

But that's so much fun.

3 minutes ago, GMifty said:

"Rail lines are a great place to bump up your speed without endangering others.  They would be a horrible bore at 50kph"

I hope that you are aware that many of the "trails" are "multi use" and you are endangering the other users who are using the trails by exceeding the posted speed limits. 

Please 50 kph on rail beds is an absolute joke and nothing but a money grab by the OPP.

So are you are telling us you ride rail beds at 50 KPH? Hope you don't get upset being passed  often.

10 minutes ago, GMifty said:

GMifty Welcome to the forum!

2 minutes ago, GMifty said:

No... What I'm saying is there are other people out on the trails who are not on a snow machine. 

yes but its up to the sledder to slow down to pass

1 minute ago, Reved said:

GMifty Welcome to the forum!

x2

No... What I'm saying is there are other people out on the trails who are not on a snow machine. 

OK, I understand what you are saying buy quite frankly, I can't remember of any combined use trail pedestrians being hit/injured by snowmobiles. A rail bed is in my opinion a much safer place for people to be walking or cross country skiing than most other trails since there are no sharp curves or short peaked hills that impair a sled riders vision. Sled riders can normally see pedestrians ahead on a rail bed and slow down as has been mentioned above. And although we seem to differ in opinion GMifty, welcome to OC!

I know many riders do not have the option but up north you would not believe the trails, perfectly groomed and table top flat.

We were north of Bruce Mines and rode about 150 miles in three days on the trails and saw one larger group of maybe 5 sleds and two others... yeah two other sleds in three days.

It is worth the time to put your sled on a trailer and get up there.  Iron Bridge or Blind River is a great place to start. Get on the D trail and head west as far as you can go.

The farther west and north, the more snow you will see.

2008 02 018.JPG

I don't think there is a difference of opinion. I enjoy the trails just as much as the other guy/gal. Just stating a fact that a majority of the trails are multi user trails and on public property. A little courtesy goes a long way. 

27 minutes ago, GMifty said:

I don't think there is a difference of opinion. I enjoy the trails just as much as the other guy/gal. Just stating a fact that a majority of the trails are multi user trails and on public property. A little courtesy goes a long way. 

Most trails aren't multiuse, they are snowmobile trails in the winter.  Walking or skiing on a trail isn't considered multiuse...

The courtesy is to slow down and wave when you go by them...   They should be smart enough to step off the trail before you approach as they can hear you coming.

Simple

Around here they usually post signs saying multi use trails when that's the case. But if the trail is on privat land I guess it could always be multi as the landowner can use it anytime.  

20 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

Most trails aren't multiuse, they are snowmobile trails in the winter.  Walking or skiing on a trail isn't considered multiuse...

The courtesy is to slow down and wave when you go by them...   They should be smart enough to step off the trail before you approach as they can hear you coming.

Simple

Can you please give me an example of a multi use trail on public property that is snow machine use only in winter? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, GMifty said:

Can you please give me an example of a multi use trail on public property that is snow machine use only in winter? Thanks.

You said the majority of trails are multi use.  They aren't.

1 example of multi use that is seasonal snowmobile only off the top of my head is the Haliburton rail trail.  It is multi use seasonal.  Sleds only in winter. Hastings heritage trail I believe is another one

Most trails are just snowmobile trails though, they aren't even trails in the summer.  Some are roads, fields or other private trails.

2 minutes ago, GMifty said:

Thanks. I believe majority means most not allMost of the others don't have that stipulation. 

Can you tell us some that are legally snowmobile / multi use winter trails in the winter? I personally don't know of any but I always slow and wave for pedestrians on any trail and they mostly are off on the side of the trail often holding their dogs and waving by the time I get to them. I wouldn't give anyone a problem for walking on a snowmobile trail but many are in fact guilty of trespassing when they do it.

14 minutes ago, GMifty said:

Thanks. I believe majority means most not allMost of the others don't have that stipulation. 

I think you're confused.... Most OFSC trails are not multi use trails.  There are many which are seasonal multi use but not most...

Archived