Giants Tomb Island

Carm

I was thinking of taking a ride out tomorrow towards Penetang and then jumping on the lake to Giants Tomb. Info on ice conditions in the area would be most appreciated.

Last time I rode Georgian Bay to Beausoliel Island was 2014. Never trusted it after. 

You will have to contact the local club for information. 

A 26 yr old woman broke through the ice after Christmas. Found her body new year eve. 

Just my opinion but the bay ice conditions are iffy at best. Some are running on the bay in select areas. People I know who have lived on the bay, some for 40 years and know it well are staying off this year. Giants Tomb would be a definite no go. 

Don't go!!! The Ice is not even close to safe enough.  We were just in Port McNicol talking with my Uncle who's lived there for a LONG TIME.  He said that he cannot believe how scary the ice conditions are this year on GB.  He warned us to STAY OFF THE ICE!!! We haven't had enough cold nights to make good ice on GB.  Hopefully next year.

Do Not Go To The Tomb!!!!

Ice isn't safe out there this year... 

You may see tracks but those are some very daring people making extremely bad choices......

Sounds like would be a watery tomb......Sorry had to do it....Yeah i can't imagine people even considering it given the weather this year (and last!)

Archived