2017 Sneak Peek Tour

Turbo Doo

13 hours ago, Denis007 said:

They still make the 6.9's, you just have to order them as a part from a 2012 or whatever Expedition LE... I have a set on my 99 Formula Deluxe and loved them, might trade them onto my '15 MXz 800 ... 

Thanks, They must work good on the Formula

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sledjunk said:

... And the horse you rode in on!!!!

:lmao:

:poke2:     :rotflmao:

On 2017-03-27 at 9:05 PM, gobills said:

I would love to hear more about the ice ripper.  Im really considering one of these this year but i do not know anyone who has one so i can try it.  I have always had regular studs so I'm hesitant to change but want to change if you know what i mean.  I can only assume the the rotating mass is way less than a studded track so that can only help with some speed LOL.  Just do not want to regret it if i do not like it at all.

On 2017-03-27 at 9:31 PM, RotaxMike said:

The prestudded tracks work very well but do not bite as nice as a studded track. The biggest thing that people like about them is you dont wreck a track when you rip out a stud. When a stud come out you dont have to worry about them wrecking your heat exchangers. I do find people liking the Ice attack XT better then the Ice ripper. I have installed 6 Ice attack XT's and they all like them better then the ripsaw with studs. I think it is worth trying because if you dont like it then you will have no problem selling it. If you are running a ripsaw with a 1.25 lug I recommand trying a Ice Attack XT with a 1.375 lug. 

I had no experience with pre studded tracks until this year. I am not totally unhappy with the Ice Ripper that came on my Blizzard. It will get me up icy hills and safely across icy lakes when I take it easy, which is primarily why I want studs. As Mike said, the Ice Attack XT seems to hook up significantly better than the Ice Ripper that is on my sled. For the last trip I took this month, two of the other sleds were larger 4 strokes with short tracks - an Apex and a TNT 1200 - shorter tracks with way more power, but they offered better traction than my sled at the same speed on the same trail. I got to try the TNT and couldn't believe the difference. Admittedly, these two sleds were also set up better than mine as they had honed their handling over years, not a week. If replacing a track, I would get an Ice Attack, or if it was available as an option I would spring for it. I don't think that I would select another sled that came with an 1.25 Ice Ripper (or TS skis).

Archived