Deep River Motel

signfan

Anybody know if this is trail accessible?  If so from what trail?  Map says it is, but I'm not seeing it when looking at the district map.  Is there a local trail to get into it?  Or do you have to run up the side of Hwy 17 in town?

Stayed there last year. There was a "trail" running out the east end of the parking lot. It follows a couple of side streets for a maybe 100 meters or so then an ungroomef trail will connect you to the A trail. It's a short ride and saves a bunch of road running. 

Yes it is!  On the a-trail once you pass trail 135 going into Deep River, you keep going west on the TOPSA - trail is once you go around the sharp corner after the 2nd large culvert, its about 1.5km up the

trail. There is white homemade sign that say Deep River & Pines Motel with an arrow the trail is just pass there on the left.  The trail is not groomed but goes out to McKee Road, there you turn left to go towards highway 17 & the motel is right there.  There should be sled trail that you can follow.  Here is a map that I took off of SPOT, hope this helps.  There is a little road running, but I have been told not much.  I have never did it.  Hope this helps. 

Route to Deep River Motel.jpg

I remember seeing the sign myself and every time  I see it I think to myself,  they should make it a bit bigger.  

Archived