Gas in Heyden

ao-oa

Just drove by the Heyden Gas Station on my way into work.  Sign says 'Open'.  Feb. 1 must have been the trigger.  Glad to see at least one gas station making a come back.  

It said "OPEN" a week ago when I drove by, but the pumps were still roped off with orange cones blocking them. 

It would be great to see them sell gas again!

Sault Trailblazers Club President was there and took a photo. Looks like that station opened today.  Feb 1st.  Great News!

good news but, out of area travelers please be aware there is no fuel in searchmont, and it is 90 miles from searchmont to halfway haven for gas to go to wawa, PLUS you need to add the distance from heyden to searchmont on the D trail, and ssm5 (from the interactive guide it is approx. 45 miles from heyden to searchmont...) so 135 miles to halfway haven with NO FUEL AVAILABLE ON THE ROUTE. PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE. THE AREA NORTH OF SEARCHMONT, IS NOT A GREAT AREA TO RUN OUT OF FUEL. Ski

At this time the D Trail just north of the Goulias River is closed through the cedar swamp, so the closest gas to Halfway Haven when coming from SSM is Silver Creek Golf Course on the D-100.  After going through Heyden heading south and then east, you would turn south on D-100 trail.  Again, I have always gone from Goulias River (The Zone) direct to Halfway as that is the shortest-fastest route. 

The weather has caused the swamp to be a swamp again, but maybe it can get fixed by this coming weekend?  I am sure it will be worked on ASAP as it seems to be a popular way to get to Searchmont.

Great to hear that Heyden is open again for gas. 

Archived