Gravenhurst Mariott

pseguin

Doing a 5 day RAP tour starting Monday Feb 6th. All our accommodations are settled and trails required are open. The Mariott in Gravenhurst is the only concern currently as the trail to get to the hotel is closed. Any idea if theres a chance this would be open in the next week? Not sure what the conditions are like in that area.

The D Trail north out of Gravenhurst was open 2 weeks ago before the thaw last weekend. It was cold up there last night and theres some snow and squalls in the forecast so it might open back up soon. There were sled tracks running down Gull lake narrows yesterday on my way home. Someone else might chime in from the Gravenhurst area. 

There is plenty of snow on D  going north out of Gravenhurst and there are no major water issues. Must be some other reason to explain why it has not reopened. You might want to call the club or enquire on their Facebook page to find out what's going on. The club president looks after grooming.

We left Northgate Polaris Sunday morning for a ride and trails were pretty beat up  there is a nasty mud hole between Bracebridge and Port Sydney. From there to the Sequin conditions were much better. Went to to Silversands but it was busy the new owners though very nice said there was a limited menu and a long wait so we continued to Edgewater instead then rode back to Gravenhurst. Hill and Gully groomer was already out on the trails by then.

I rode Gravenhurst to Port Sydney and back today. Relied again on a good deal of road running until I got to Hill and Gully territory. They groomed again since yesterday, and their trails are great right now.

C101D Trail from Muskoka Wharf Marriott, and D north out of Gravenhurst, has now been groomed and opened limited.

Archived