Group ride with members

MXZ41

Being new to the group I'm curious if you do group rides? If so when do you normally do them during the week or weekends?

And if you don't do them would anyone be interested in something like that ?

Also good to see some new snow and cold weather in the near future.

Thanks

Mark

Often guys will post where they are riding and offer an open invite for anyone interested in joining them.  Also, usually late season, there will be a loosely organized ride somewhere north where we stay for a few days and ride.  The best part of these rides is the dinner and refreshments with a group of old and new friends.

Keep watching the forums and feel free to accept any of the invitations.  Hope to meet you soon.

17 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Often guys will post where they are riding and offer an open invite for anyone interested in joining them.  Also, usually late season, there will be a loosely organized ride somewhere north where we stay for a few days and ride.  The best part of these rides is the dinner and refreshments with a group of old and new friends.

Keep watching the forums and feel free to accept any of the invitations.  Hope to meet you soon.

X2 and welcome to the forum and look forward to meeting more of the new members on the forum.

6 of us will be up at my camp east of Mattawa on the 3rd to the 8th. Riding all over the friggin' place!

In a normal year there would have been a number of group rides by now. Typically Blake would have coordinated a number of Saturday rides from Gravenhurst wharf.  Snowcrest has an annual pancake breakfast with a group leaving Gravenhurst to ride to the breakfast. Six Star (MacTier) and South Seguin (Rosseau) hold a joint poker run. Baxter (Port Severn) typically have Wednesday and Saturday rides. We have also had a joint Baxter / Snowcrest ride. Then of course the other options already mentioned. But that is all in a normal year.

When the snow returns, stay tuned 

Anytime ANYBODY is in the Sudbury area I'm up for a ride.

Hi SOUP   We are starting from the Sportsman Feb 18 on a 5 day tour ,my self and 2 adult daughters . Would like to know approx . time and mileage to Gogama . Was thinking about going to post 392 but may be pushing it . Any thoughts would be appreciated . 

I ride out of Kawartha Lakes area mostly weekdays....its my first yr riding but sled is now broken in....feel free to join me sometime soon...happy to trailer a bit also...if things dont improve around here by next week will be trailering 2 or 3 hrs north

Andy J

21 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Hi SOUP   We are starting from the Sportsman Feb 18 on a 5 day tour ,my self and 2 adult daughters . Would like to know approx . time and mileage to Gogama . Was thinking about going to post 392 but may be pushing it . Any thoughts would be appreciated . 

Depends on the route you plan to take and how fast you ride. Make sure to gas up at Rockys or Capreol before heading to Gogama. We usually make it for lunch and then keep rolling to post 392 for dinner or sometimes Timmins if we are doing a good klip.

Thanks Carm   We are going to shoot for the post. Our problem is being from down south we have not been riding so the bodies are not ready for the big run our minds are. Same as last year.

26 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Thanks Carm   We are going to shoot for the post. Our problem is being from down south we have not been riding so the bodies are not ready for the big run our minds are. Same as last year.

I would wake up early and go to wolf mountain look out in the morning to watch the sunrise if it is a nice clear morning. C trail is a very easy ride and fast you will be fine just make sure to hit all the gas stops.

2 hours ago, coldfinger said:

4 to 5 hrs will get you to shining tree at a comfortable pace depending on conditions.

If time is a factor take 78 across, it will be rough but will cut the northern loop out.

Archived