Auberge le cabanon -saint zenon

DOM

Ok need some of your expertise 

we have decided to stay at Auberge le cabanon next week

its our first time so any suggestions for day loops would be appreciated 

have 4 days to cover this area

thanks

When we stayed there last year we pretty much checked at the front desk every morning and got the low down from them on what was freshly groomed and spoke with sledders that were staying there as to where they had been that day.. I'm sure some of the guys on here will also offer some advice on day loops as well as they did for us.

Extreme 600 is there right now for a couple more days, I am sure they will chip in on where there rode, Internet service isn't the best there.

Hope this helps.

Here are a few suggestions:

1 - go north up 345 to Pourvoirie du Lac Repos for lunch and back on 33

2 - go west on 360 to Hotel Marineau Mattawin for lunch, go south on m19  the river trail (if open) and return on 23.

3 - go south to Saint Come to see the ice sculptures (Jan 27 to Feb 12).

4 - do a small loop around Lac Taureau.

Try to see Hotel Sacacomie if you can.

Try to have dinner at Real Masse if you get the opportunity.

1 hour ago, COLD BEER said:

Here are a few suggestions:

1 - go north up 345 to Pourvoirie du Lac Repos for lunch and back on 33

2 - go west on 360 to Hotel Marineau Mattawin for lunch, go south on m19  the river trail (if open) and return on 23.

3 - go south to Saint Come to see the ice sculptures (Jan 27 to Feb 12).

4 - do a small loop around Lac Taureau.

Try to see Hotel Sacacomie if you can.

Try to have dinner at Real Masse if you get the opportunity.

#1  Great choice and great run (love 345 btw)

#2  Good post cold Beer.  Yes the river trail is open!!!

#3 Saint Come doesn't have as much snow but it would be worth seeing the ice sculptures.  Everyone claims they are AWESOME

I will post some pics and more info when I arrive home tomorrow.  Sad to leave.  Hubby says we need to work!!!!!!!!!!  WTH  It is snowing again today.  Just try not to go to far south  from Saint Zenon. The snow is about 1-2 feet in the areas of Saint Damien and below.   Where as anywhere north of  Saint Damien and Joliette have a LOT of snow.  I mean A LOT!!! Snowed every day here with anywhere from a few inches to 6 inches of snow each day.  You will NOT be disappointed.

Might see you there DOM, we are going to be there from Wed-Sunday next week.

Here's a few pics of Quebec while we stayed at Auberge Le Cabanon.   We had great trails for the three days we rode there.  No complaints at all.  Fresh snow every day.  Actually I cleaned off about 8" of snow last night off my truck.  Than when we tried to leave at 6am this morning I had another 6" to clean off the truck and trailer.  All trails looked to be groomed all throughout Quebec.  It snowed from the moment we left Auberge Le Cabanon until we hit about 40 miles on the 50 Highway.  Even all the trails south looked excellent on our way home through all of Quebec.  Looks like a great week.  Any questions pm me and I'll try and help you out.  You will have an excellent week next week by the looks of the forecast.  HAVE FUNIMG_6096.JPGIMG_6145.JPGIMG_6195.JPGIMG_6312.JPGIMG_6297.JPGIMG_6278.JPGIMG_6270.JPGIMG_6073.JPGIMG_6078.JPGIMG_6110.JPGIMG_6112.JPGIMG_6127.JPGIMG_6140.JPGIMG_6160.JPGIMG_6172.JPGIMG_6174.JPGIMG_6211.JPGIMG_6217.JPGIMG_6229.JPGIMG_6241.JPGIMG_6254.JPGIMG_6261.JPGIMG_6279.JPG

Looks fantastic.  Glad you had a great trip!

Great pics and glad to see you out riding, 3 more Sunday's till we all leave for Val Dor!!! Woot woot woot!!!

Could someone be able to supply recent contact information for Aubrege Le Cabanon because every time i try and call (405-884-5762) I get the school board superintendant in Geary OK in the US and the email doesnt seem to work either.

Want to go there next week because we were going to do the rap tour but it does not look like that is going to happen

1 hour ago, gsx6 said:

Could someone be able to supply recent contact information for Aubrege Le Cabanon because every time i try and call (405-884-5762) I get the school board superintendant in Geary OK in the US and the email doesnt seem to work either.

Want to go there next week because we were going to do the rap tour but it does not look like that is going to happen

Never mind. Got the bell operator to get me through 

1 hour ago, gsx6 said:

Try 450 instead of 405

11 hours ago, Nunz said:

Great pics and glad to see you out riding, 3 more Sunday's till we all leave for Val Dor!!! Woot woot woot!!!

Nunz what's your plan for Val-d'or, roger and I will be there sat feb 18th and then back Fri feb 24th after saddle bag tour, we are staying at le forestel.

13 hours ago, gsx6 said:

1-450-884-5762  or 450-884-0391

Crap sorry, just saw the messages above

Thanks for the info guys 

i need trail passes 

does the hotel sell them if not where do I get them around there?

Yes, you can get them at most accommodations and even at many restaurants.

2 hours ago, DOM said:

Thanks for the info guys 

i need trail passes 

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

X2....there are lots of places usually to buy your passes. They make it very easy to pick up a trail pass in QC, they will even get a person to drive some over to where you are buying, if the location you stop into to buy, has run out !

2 hours ago, DOM said:

Thanks for the info guys 

i need trail passes 

Yes, the hotel does sell them

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You're kidding! Just like Ontario, in the good old days :-P

In all seriousness, we crossed over from New Liskeard a few years ago and that Quebec permit purchase was painless, a nice memory, brought business to the store owner and introduced us to the community. Win-win. 

Archived