Arctic Cat Sold

ArcticCrusher

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

It is only paint and clutches SJ.(and chassis and suspension and cowling.................)

Don't forget about the electronics...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$247 million is pretty cheap for a company like cat. So I would think Yamaha still has a good stake in the company. I knew something was up when they released there new 800 a few days ago. Hold on to your Arctic cats, they may go up in value! 

I think this is going to be good for Cat and their customers, I was talking to a dealer today and he says there is some great stuff in the pipeline.

Well, Textron has powered some Polaris sleds as recently as 2011, so they have had their hand in the snowmobile pot. The 4 stroke Polaris' used motors from a company owned by Textron, Weber.

TextronMotors

ABOUT TEXTRON

Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is not only one of the world's best known multi-industry companies, it is a pioneer of the diversified business model. Founded in 1923, we have grown into a network of businesses with total revenues of $13.9 billion, and approximately 35,000 employees with facilities and presence in 25 countries, serving a diverse and global customer base. Headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.,Textron is ranked 219th on the FORTUNE 500 list of largest U.S. companies. Organizationally, Textron consists of numerous subsidiaries and operating divisions, which are responsible for the day-to-day operation of their businesses.

While we take great pride in our long history, we are even more excited by the future. Textron is a multi-industry company, recognized for our powerful brands, world-class enterprise processes and talented people. By placing customers first in everything we do, Textron continues to grow as an industry leader with strong brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Textron Systems and Greenlee, among others.

Textron Motors is part of Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc., a Textron company that also manufactures E-Z-GO golf cars and personal-transportation vehicles, Cushman commercial and industrial utility vehicles, Bad Boy recreational side-by-side UTVs, and TUG and Douglas ground support equipment.

Learn more about Textron

AboutTextron_Main.jpg

6 hours ago, Zertrider said:

Well, Textron has powered some Polaris sleds as recently as 2011, so they have had their hand in the snowmobile pot. The 4 stroke Polaris' used motors from a company owned by Textron, Weber.

I see Textron purchased Weber Motor company in 2014.

Makes one wonder about the future of Yamaha engines in Arctic Cat sleds.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I see Textron purchased Weber Motors company in 2014.

... or what is the future of Yamaha period.

1 hour ago, Cuyuna said:

... or what is the future of Yamaha period.

Good question!

Chatter on TY4Stroke is hot and heavy.  Most likely scenario so far is Textron splits the sled biz to sell it off to Yamaha given their existing agreements.  My personal theory is that Yamaha knew about this coming because they opened a North American office in TO.  This makes it a wholly North American business, avoiding import taxes since neither the US or Canada have a trade agreement with Japan.

29 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

Chatter on TY4Stroke is hot and heavy.  Most likely scenario so far is Textron splits the sled biz to sell it off to Yamaha given their existing agreements.  My personal theory is that Yamaha knew about this coming because they opened a North American office in TO.  This makes it a wholly North American business, avoiding import taxes since neither the US or Canada have a trade agreement with Japan.

Yup, makes perfect sense

21 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Yup, makes perfect sense

If the head office is in Canada the exchange rate is a lot more even between Japanese Yen and Canadian $ and then they can take advantage of the exchange rate selling into the US. Does that make sense?? The only wild card would be the Donald's rules.

29 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If the head office is in Canada the exchange rate is a lot more even between Japanese Yen and Canadian $ and then they can take advantage of the exchange rate selling into the US. Does that make sense?? The only wild card would be the Donald's rules.

I believe they also moved the snowmobile division into their existing Yamaha Canada head office near steeles and 404

On 1/26/2017 at 5:37 PM, Blake G said:

I see Textron purchased Weber Motor company in 2014.

The Textron site has information about 2 of their 4-stroke engines. Textrom 850 MPE & 750 MPE. 

But google has failed me in finding out if any OEM's actually use them. Anyone know who uses them?

22 hours ago, Mooseman said:

Good theory. The only question that remains though is - why didn't Yamaha just jump on the deal right away ? They are already in Canada .

1 hour ago, Cuyuna said:

Good theory. The only question that remains though is - why didn't Yamaha just jump on the deal right away ? They are already in Canada .

Possibly planned between Yamaha and Textron to happen this way so each gets what they want?????? WOW this is getting way out there now. I think I'll just go back to riding them! Much easier on the brain.

2 hours ago, XTC500 said:

The Textron site has information about 2 of their 4-stroke engines. Textrom 850 MPE & 750 MPE. 

But google has failed me in finding out if any OEM's actually use them. Anyone know who uses them?

Textron uses the Weber motors in their recently introduced Bad Boy atvs.

http://atvillustrated.com/content/new-model-review-stampede

Textron is only interested in ATV's and SxS's as there is supposedly a military contract coming or in the process so I can see their lack of interest in snowmobiles.  Yamaha would not be interested in Cat's ATV/SxS lines as they already have their own successful lines and can't go for the military contracts probably because of a need for US origin (especially now with Donald's rules).

In any case, it will be interesting to see what happens to both Cat and Yamaha.  Talk about a curve ball into the YamaCat thing.

I don't know if Textron will spin off the sled business, but, I can imagine their first course of action will be to lobby the Trump administration for a Tariff on non American sleds and atvs.  Polaris will be right there beside them.

7 hours ago, snowowl said:

I don't know if Textron will spin off the sled business, but, I can imagine their first course of action will be to lobby the Trump administration for a Tariff on non American sleds and atvs.  Polaris will be right there beside them.

Maybe if Mitt Romneys Bain investments did not own around 50 % of BRP

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

Maybe if Mitt Romneys Bain investments did not own around 50 % of BRP

Great factoid. You are a veritable fountain of information. :) 

My personal experience with mergers and aquisitions is that during the take over phase, everything is OK have no fear.  This is a great day for the company.  The matress will be torn open and there will be all kinds of money available.  After a year, the 80/20 rule is applied.  The line of products is cut and the new parent company's product is kept.  Employees must re-apply for their jobs.  Sections of the company are sold off and carved up.  After 5 years, machinery starts to be hauled away.  After 10 years there is a For Sale or Lease sign on the building and the Mayor will make a statement that he never saw this coming.

BP

X2.

Anyone over say, 40 years of age can smell the BS the moment it leaves the "spin doctors" mouth.

15 hours ago, XTC500 said:

They seem to be used mostly in Europe.. lot of portable  industrial equipment.

Archived