Quebec- need suggestions

DOM

Confused about where to go in Quebec. Mont Laurier?victoriaville?val d or?saint zenon?

i want to be approx 7 hours from GTA. Like to ride on a more hilly landscape

any hotel recommendations for either city

like to do day trips and come back for a hot tub and good food

input would be appreciated 

If you like hilly terrain Val d or is not the place to go. Mostly flat with fast trails. I think Mont Laurier or Saint Zenon would be your best choices for that type of terrain. Victoriaville is only hilly to the south towards the border.

Extreme 600 just sent me a message to say they are in St Zenon at Auberge Le Cabanon and conditions are amazing 

Have been going to Quebec with a group of guys each winter for the pass 6 or 7 years.

i wIll  give you my personal opinion for the areas we have been to. Everyone has their own type of riding they prefer so each will have their preferred areas. We always stay at one location and do day trips for the 3-4 days we ride. This year we are Saddlebagging the Gaspe Bay.

Been to Mont Laurier, St Zennon, Lac St Jean, Val'Dor

1. Val'dor. Is mainly flat, straight and fast. If you enjoy riding 70 mph all day freezing your ass off its the place to go. That type of riding doesn't appeal to me. Lots of guys seem to love this area but not my style.

2. Lac St Jean - Saugenay. Great riding but 10 or 11 hour drive from Toronto 

3. St. Zennon.  Good riding , not quite as hilly as Mont Laurier, great area but  if I had pick of one I would go to Mont Laurier.

4. Mont Laurier.  Has everything I like for sledding. Hilly, twisty , mainly through forest. Fast trails where you can really test how your sled handles. Has several lodges to the N of Mont Laurier to make for destinations for lunch or a break. Have Devils Mountain and Chutes du Windigo(waterfalls)to check out. Lots of options for day loops. North and east is the nicest riding. Grooming is usually excellent .All the sled dealerships are right in Mont Laurier.

Havent been to Victoriaville area yet, booked in to Mont Laurier Feb 8-12 right now. May go to Quebec City or Chaudiere Applaches to try someplace new.

Might have posted this in another thread, but we were within 30 km of Mont Laurier Saturday. Basically a loop of Reserve Faunique de Papineau Labelle. LOTS of snow, endless turns and hills. Epic scenery. 1.5 hours from Ottawa will put you at almost any spot on the loop. We began in Montpellier and went clockwise. Probably would have side tripped to Mont Laurier, but for a late-ish start to our

325km day. Easy fuel access, great eats everywhere. 0 crowds.

We just returned from Quebec City and La Malbaie.  Great trails not busy, nice loops and great scenery.  Some different styles of trails wide fast trails, bush trails, tight twists.

Archived