Is there an online tool to guesstimate OFSC trail mileage bewteen 2 locations

johnsazzr

Thinking of planning a couple of short overnight trips in Feb....have not come accross anything online..wondering about Lindsay to Madoc...

Go to sleddersworld.com

You can refer to Revrnd's database for both mileages and accommodations.  See the links in his signature.

I find that the itg works best on a pc.  iPad not so much. Doesn't want to highlight and add your trail choices. 

As mentioned above, plus there is some charts on sledgas

cheers,

I really like the ITG myself. Each section of trail as you hold your mouse over it shows all the details of the trail from intersection to intersection. The club the district the last time the status was updated and if you click on Add to Route it will show the cumulative distance of your selected route on the tool bar beside My Route. If you click on My Route it will show the chronological order and distances of the trail sections you selected. Click on one of the entries and it allows you to remove it from the route so you can change and substitute a different trail. It really is a great tool. Then when you're done you can print your map from the tool bar.

Capture.JPG

That only works for relatively short routes.  Also, if you miss a little section of trail because it is not visible unless you zoom in closer, it adds that section in the order that you selected them, and not the order you would ride them.

As I said, it is ok for short routes but really falls apart when planning a longer excursion.  I would rate it a generous 2 out of 5.

I agree the ITG is awesome for figuring out distances. You can pick the trails you want to take, and only the ones that are open and plan your route. I use it for all planning big and small, but always use SLEDGAS to ensure gas stops.

Be aware that my mileage database will get you close as I haven't really spent a lot of time working on it the last couple of season.

Whatever you do, do not believe the trail side signs and the posted "km"....lots to be desired and will get you in trouble :icon_steer:

I've used Revrnd chart in the past, usually pretty close....at least close enough for my needs.

I don't understand why the "My Route" feature is not incorporated with the PAID app for Android? :wtf:

Archived