Mattawa ride today

FrostyTheSnowman

Just packing it in from 200k ride from The Dinner Bell down the south side A trail to Mattawa and up and around the noth passage. Trails in good shape aside from a few holes. There are a few large ones to look out for along the south strip on the left side of the trail going east. Sorry I can't pin point where to inform you all better. One in particular was about 4'x4' square. And deep. Dangerous. ITG says green but should likely be limited. Watch out! Northern strip has a few as well. Keep an eye out folks. Other than that most of the trails were in great shape. Going to head to Port  Loring tomorrow. If we come across anything that's a hazard I'll make a point to mark a way point and post it. Mild weather has done its deed in spots, that's for sure. 

We rode south river to nipissing to restoule to port Loring(lunch at jake's) and back to South River. Lakes are showing red on itg but were all staked but be careful at all water crossings as weather has been mild and everything is slushy. C105d was freshly groomed but lots of big rocks and stumps to watch out for. Everything else was perfect, lots of deer on the trails, we passed 2 groomers yesterday and opp was out on 2 sleds checking papers. Have a great ride and make sure to post pics! 

The holes that you are talking about Frosty are on Trail A after the bridge towards Mattawa heading east (where Bonfield trail ends and Mattawa trails start) you'll see they are between markers 4 and 6. 

Got side tracked going to Port Loring today. Went north instead of west and now we are in Temiscaming at the Tem Rose for lunch. One wrong turn ended up being a beautiful ride! One day early for the free weekend but we are only here for lunch. 

40 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Got side tracked going to Port Loring today. Went north instead of west and now we are in Temiscaming at the Tem Rose for lunch. One wrong turn ended up being a beautiful ride! One day early for the free weekend but we are only here for lunch.

That is one big deviation from the Flight Plan.

I love those days when you don't have a care which way you go. You just go, and when the conditions are good, it's just that much better!

1 hour ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Went north instead of west and now we are in Temiscaming

lol

How was the ride to Temiscaming ? last year it wasnt groomed on the Quebec half past joco river. thinking about doing that next weekend ??

It was fantastic up the A/D-A102Q. Once we crossed over Trout Lake and just the other side of the portage it was like we had landed in Switzerland compared to anything south of that. Beautiful all along the hydro lines. It got a little rough as we got closer to Temis but only through a few tight wooded areas. I would bet they are still in good shape even after the much milder weather Sat when we left to come home. 

Last stop before the last run back to The Dinner Bell. A quick bev (the one and only of our entire ride, we don't drink and ride) to celebrate the breaking in of the new Doo and Poo with no issues. Little did I know that I was riding with Big Dutch! He's new to OC but NOT new to sledding. Great time!! 

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

My wife and I have a cottage in bonfield next week. I assume there is gas in Temis. We would like to take the long way back through Mattawa, Not quit 200 miles but were goona need fuel. It would be nice to know where to get some thanks.

33 minutes ago, Bearman said:

My wife and I have a cottage in bonfield next week. I assume there is gas in Temis. We would like to take the long way back through Mattawa, Not quit 200 miles but were goona need fuel. It would be nice to know where to get some thanks.

its about 80 mile  140km  from Temis to Mattawa so you will be ok for fuel , Temis is a big town there is gas and in Mattawa as well nothing in between 

41 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Gas just across the bridge into Quebec follow highway right to it. Gas in Mattawa no problem. No gas right in Bonfield but there is closeby.

Archived