sled from trail 137 to 136

Both the OFSC trail 136 & 137 are dead end trails.  However sledders do go down the trail (one sled wide), from the 136 to 137, very steep hill  plus narrow bridge at the bottom, this 1.5 km of trail is not OFSC or club trail. I have not done that trail this year, so I cannot comment on it, I find it a little scary myself.  If you decide to try it I would come down 136 & over to 137 trail, because of the steep rocky hill.

I agree. Clockwise due to the steep icy hill, which i have it named on my gps. 

I have gone both ways tho but not this year yet.  It is a nice shortcut across if your already in the area. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been through this area twice this year...very doable this year as it's it not all icy up the hill as it has in the past.  More of an issue is the wash out on the 137 just before you get to the bridge.  Take it slow and easy and you should be alright.

Went there today. I wouldn't go down that hill, if it was only way home. What would you do, if you got half way down and someone was coming up. It still has club signs on it and doesn't say trail ends. Just says steep hill and rough trail for 1km. Turned around where the groomer ended and looked down the hill. Maybe it looks worse then it is. 

There was trail end signs there a couple weeks ago.  Thanks for the heads up!

Been down it many times throughout the years.  I ALWAYS shut sled off at top and listen for anything coming from the other way.  

I have gone up it before a few times as well, but depending on the hill's condition (usually icy) it can be intimidating to some.  Ive done it with and without studs in pretty slick conditions, just had to get a bit of a run  for momentum without the studs.  

On 2/2/2017 at 10:24 PM, Viperules700 said:

Went there today. I wouldn't go down that hill, if it was only way home. What would you do, if you got half way down and someone was coming up. It still has club signs on it and doesn't say trail ends. Just says steep hill and rough trail for 1km. Turned around where the groomer ended and looked down the hill. Maybe it looks worse then it is. 

Viperrules700, Thanks again for the head up about the trail end sign missing on the 136.  Another trail end sign was installed this afternoon. 

We took this across today and was good shape..

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let anyone know that uses the  1.5 km of trail that is not OFSC or club trail between the 136 & 137, has lots of water at the bottom, so don't use this trail!

TRAILS 136 & 137 ARE CLOSED BUT JUST WANTED ANYONE TO KNOW THAT COLIN'S PASS IS NOT SAFE!

Here is a picture of the bottom at colins pass - 1.5 kms that is not an OFSC trail between 136 & 137.

Colins Pass.jpg

Looks a lot different from my pic a couple weeks ago!  That would be scary to end up down in there and see that.  No room to turn around really if you seen that.  

IMG_5455.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I found this video on youtube, here is the link.  It will show you the 1.0 or so of trail that is not OFSC trail between 136 & 137.  THE 136 & 137 ARE CLOSED TRAILS ON THE OFSC INTERATIVE MAP AND WILL REMAIN SO TILL NEXT SEASON.

Archived