NRSA Events & Activities

Hello Fellow Sledders!
As you may be aware, NRSA is celebrating 40 years with the OFSC AND it's Canada's 150 Birthday! To commemorate these wonderful occasions we are hosting a "selfie/picture tour throughout the month of February.  It's simple and FREE to participate.  Each week we will be drawing for a $40 gift card to a local merchant and at the end of the month the we will be drawing for a $150 gift certificate to the Bear's Den Lounge and Motel (which they have graciously donated!).  So how do you participate?  Well just follow these simple steps;

1.  Each week (Feb 1 - 7; Feb 8-14; Feb 15-21 and Feb 22-28) there will be two club trails marked with a special 40th Anniversary and Happy 150 Canada sign;
2.  Once you find a sign, stop, take a selfie/picture in front of the sign;
3.  Post the picture on your FB page and tag NRSA, send it by private message to our FB page or e mail it to sdlawson@nrtco.net or karencrain@sympatico.ca with your name(pictures will be posted to our FB page);
4.  Max entry one per trail per week;
5.  A random draw will be held each Wed (beginning Feb 8)from the previous weeks entries and the winner will be contacted;
6.  At the end of the month, all names from the weekly draws, will be entered for a chance to win the $150 gift certificate.
7.  The signs and rules will be posted on our FB page and website the week prior.

Below is the poster for the "selfie tour". If you have any questions contact Dana Lawson at  sdlawson@nrtco.net or send a message on NRSA FB page.
Sled Happy, Sled Safe!
Dana Lawson Event Coordinator

NRSA Feb 40th Celebration with Canada 150.png

We are having our 6th annual snowmobile poker run on Saturday February 4th, 2017, registration is at the Chalk River Rink Hut starting at 9am, near the Chalk River Lion Hall.  Breakfast is available at the Chalk River Lions Hall from 8 to 11.  Please contact Karen (karencrain@sympatico.ca) come out & support this fundraising event, all proceeds go back into our trail system!  This is part of the Chalk River & Area Winter Carnival so lots of activities for your family.  Your poker hand is drawn at the time of registration, there is a poker run route, but you have the option of adding kms to your ride as well.  Dougie's Doggies will be at the Stopping Place west of Deep River on the TOPS A. 

What kind of condition do you think the trails will be in, by middle of next week?

We are currently limited, groomer has been out yesterday & today. We are getting snow right now, so it will depend on the snow & temperature. But I will be out either tomorrow or Thursday and I will give an update.  

Trails are now open green!

On 1/23/2017 at 10:29 AM, KCC said:

We are having our 6th annual snowmobile poker run on Saturday February 4th, 2017, registration is at the Chalk River Rink Hut starting at 9am, near the Chalk River Lion Hall.  Breakfast is available at the Chalk River Lions Hall from 8 to 11.  Please contact Karen (karencrain@sympatico.ca) come out & support this fundraising event, all proceeds go back into our trail system!  This is part of the Chalk River & Area Winter Carnival so lots of activities for your family.  Your poker hand is drawn at the time of registration, there is a poker run route, but you have the option of adding kms to your ride as well.  Dougie's Doggies will be at the Stopping Place west of Deep River on the TOPS A. 

The registration is at the Lion's Hall in Chalk River. Registration is from 9am to 11am, Poker hand drawn at the time of registration

Are there no checkpoints along the way, 

to kinda define a route ??  

There is a suggested poker run route is come out the 135 go to Deep River on the TOPS A. At the TOPS A/131 intersection (west of Deep RIver). Take the 131 to 132 then down the 132 to 134, then back the 132, then take the 131 over to TOPS A near Rolphton, (Fountain Lake) then the TOPS A to Stopping Place.  But some people want to go on a longer ride and don't want to return to the Lions Halls, so for this poker run it seem to work out best. This is run in conjunction with the Chalk River Carnvial and there is other events coming on at the Lion's Hall as well.

Chalk River.png

if we park at the chalk river park n ride there is a trail that connects to the registering area for the poker run I think isn't there?  Or do I cross 17 then re cross down the road a bit?

THanks

Shawn

If you want you could drive you truck & trailer over to Lions Hall, register and leave from the park & ride.  The Lion's Hall is right beside the fire hall, you turn left at the traffic lights to go into Chalk River, then take Kellett St. its the first street on the left. The local in Chalk River may have a trail out the back of the park & ride, but I not sure. Otherwise, You take the trail out of the Park & ride (cross 17) then after Reggie's Garage you turn left it will take you down a short trail, it splits to the left to cross highway 17 again at the near the fire station. Hope that helps. Karen

Oh yes now i remember. Theres a split to head over to the gas station there. 

Actually the idea of registering first is a great idea.  Perhaps there will be somewhere warm to suit up vs inside my trailer.   I did the poker run there once before, probably 2013 i think.   

The poker run is 15bucks correct or do we have to purchase a button as well? 

Just want to make sure bring the right amount. 

Its $15, plus you have to purchase a $2 carnival button, which give you chances to win prizes.  Thanks KC

A big thank you to all for participating in our poker run today. There were 57 poker hand bought! Ross Mireault won 1st Prize ($213.75), Larry Gagne won 2nd Prize ($128.25) & Todd Chaput won 3rd Prize ($85.50). A special thanks to Larry for donating half of his winning back to the club.

Just got home now.  Was back to the park and ride in Chalk by 6;15.  290kms later.  Ended up doing all the Missing Link Trails as well today.  The worse all day was likely the A Trail west of Stonecliffe all the way up to Deux Riviers.  All in all a pretty good day.  Looked like the NRSA groomer was about to head out again around 5;45.  Seen it coming across Wylie Rd off of Bronson.  

12 hours ago, shawnj said:

Just got home now.  Was back to the park and ride in Chalk by 6;15.  290kms later.  Ended up doing all the Missing Link Trails as well today.  The worse all day was likely the A Trail west of Stonecliffe all the way up to Deux Riviers.  All in all a pretty good day.  Looked like the NRSA groomer was about to head out again around 5;45.  Seen it coming across Wylie Rd off of Bronson.  

Sounds like a great day, 290 kms!

That's the longest km day we have been on yet, while doubling on my Apex.  Not ideal but works for now.  

Might go test ride the Sidewinder and Viper in Arnprior today. 

We're both a bit achy from being on the sled so not going out today anyways.

Now just waiting for the phone call that I won funniest selfie oops on the 131.  Im sure the pic has been posted already to the NRSA FB.^_^ Next trip out I will be  taking  a "Watch you're step" sign, Safety First. LOL

Yes, the NRSA groomer was heading west of the TOPS A trail last night to club line with Missing Link, tonight it will be on the TOPS A trail from Deep River to east club line with Keenta.  Monday morning club trail 134 & 136 will be done & tomorrow night the TOPS A trail from Deep River to west club line.   A big thank you to all who took part in the poker run, heading out to pick up the poker run sign now.

I enjoyed the poker run signs on Thursday. Made it a no brainer to naviagate the area. Thank-You for great trails, the area never disappoints :-)

Archived